We're delighted to continue scaling our Collaboration group with an opportunity for a Mid Level Software Engineer to join a newly formed squad and make an impact on customer and creator design services and experiences.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who has experience in either front end or back end development and already knows their way around Golang, TypeScript and GraphQL, or perhaps even for a .NET or Java web developer who would like a little taste of something new. Read on, my friends…
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Its mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
Why join now? You’d be joining a high calibre and mature product tech business that is still small enough for you to have real impact.
Working within the Collaboration Group you will be at the heart of the ‘logged in’ experience of 99designs. Your attention will be drawn to how clients and designers work with each other, seeking to understand their needs and helping them achieve the best possible outcome.
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer in the Collaboration group you will solve critical design challenges, build features and workflows that help creative people and small businesses around the world work together online to achieve amazing results each and every day, and constantly build upon and refine how this space can be more modern, beautiful and ultimately better to use.
Joining a new squad in the Collaboration Group your focus will be on improving how clients manage their assets, and finding novel ways to reuse and share them within 99designs or external agencies and partners. As this team hasn't formed yet, you will have the opportunity to be there from inception and help shape how the team works and what problem they solve first.
Your role in our agile product team is to deliver highly available, high quality, trustworthy and reliable software that makes our users happy.
The techy bits
Every team is fullstack and looks after an end-to-end, vertical slice of the 99designs product. This means that you own part of the front-end, back-end, storage, and operations - the goal is for teams to be in control of delivering a great end-user experience.
A little bit about you
- Most importantly you have a positive mindset with equal parts curious, collaborative, you take initiative and ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An eagerness to learn new languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Passionate about front end development or back end development.
As 99d continues to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 + annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, you'll be supported to do your thang.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining us. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Sound interesting? Apply, say hi! Would love to chat