Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise grade, SaaS based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
We are seeking an exceptional Solution Architect to join our ever growing team. The Solution Architect's primary responsibility will be to ensure customer success and the value of using Skedulo by scoping and designing complex and innovative custom solutions that will solve for the identified business problems and encourage high adoption. This role partners closely with the Product, Sales, Delivery and Customer Success teams to get to the root of the Customer’s problems for their deskless workforce, and work to take the solution from design to development and finally roll-out to the key users and stakeholders.
Key objectives and responsibilities will include:
- Plan and facilitate prospect and customer workshops to understand business problems and design solutions that will solve these problems.
- Create detailed solution and technical architecture diagrams, data models and process maps to support Skedulo Project Delivery of solutions.
- Leverage Skedulo and Customer Branding Assets to design prototypes to enable internal and external stakeholders to envision the Software Solution and support their understanding of its solution.
- Recommend coding and design best practices based on both Salesforce and Skedulo domain expertise and user research.
- Drive revenue and operational efficiency by creating and incorporating repeatable code Extensions for custom implementation projects.
- Provide guidance and technical expert services for customer and Partner technical resources.
- Design, build and recommend long term, scalable solutions for customers based on customer size and solution complexity, while recommending a phased approach where applicable.
- Have a robust understanding and incorporate user experience, behavioral research and technical specifications of solutions on mobile platforms.
- Create detailed Technical and Functional Documentation, outlining the design and scope of solutions, including diagrams of the proposed solution, data model and integration requirements, for delivery to prospective customers
- Play the role of a first level reviewer for customer redlines on any Statement of Work Legal documentation.
- Review and incorporate domain expertise for technical documentation generated by peers.
- Work closely with Skedulo Product Management to champion customer requested features while continually supporting the overall theme of making Skedulo the forefront of innovation in the mobile workforce management market.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to understand prospect business challenges and demonstrate how Skedulo can maximise their business success.
- Support the Project Delivery team as they execute the build, test, train and deploy of Projects when they have architectural questions or the Customer changes their original requirements.
- Oversee the creation of As-Built technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Opportunities to work on core product development, integration development and customer success development projects.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related degree.
- Must have at least 3 years prior work experience as a Solution Architect in a complex environment; Salesforce Platform experience is highly preferred.
- Must have at least 3-5 years project delivery experience & vast pre-sales experience including presentation skills and ability to demo solutions.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Desired Skills/ Experience
Desired candidates will have the following skills/experience in conjunction with the minimum qualifications:
- A proven ability to learn new products, develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high paced environment
- Prior experience working in a strong teamwork environment
- Good knowledge of web services and integration
- Experience working in a high quality wireframes and mockups in a pre-sales environment
- Force.com / Sales Cloud / Service Cloud / Visualforce design consideration experience
- Security / Permissions Mgt experience
- Enjoy problem solving while learning, developing and applying new skills along the way.
- Working knowledge in using Atlassian Suite, JIRA, Confluence and Service Desk.
- Prior experience working with offshore and distributed development teams
- This position will require no more than 20% travel from time to time as set forth by the Company.
- Must have a valid AU work visa or AU PR/Citizenship
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 2 days in the office & 3 days work from home
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 Days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills