Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay's Senior Director of Leadership Capability, you’ll be responsible for creating, embedding and maintaining an approach to Leadership Capability at Afterpay that makes us a company that is known for producing first class Leaders.
This is a greenfield opportunity to build the definition for Leadership at Afterpay and an unrelenting commitment to OKR methodology from scratch. This role is critical to the enablers necessary to deliver our FY23 Afterpay Strategy and aligned People-First strategy.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
There are two clear key objectives for the role:
- Facilitate global agreement to the definition of Leadership at Afterpay and embed into all people processes including Talent Acquisition, D&I, Performance, Career Pathways and Remuneration.
- Establish an almost religious commitment to OKR methodology across all regions and roles, from Onboarding to Handover and the entire employee lifecycle in between.
As a second level priority, you may also be expected to:
- Create an induction experience that focuses on setting new starters up for success and immerses them in Afterpays' values
- Mature our capability framework and improving consistency of use across the business
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Strong consulting, stakeholder management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with little infrastructure, largely as a “one person show” but in partnership with other senior roles
- A strong understanding of data and analytics is essential and will be a critical component in guiding your work, taking an evidence based approach to helping our employees succeed
- A natural relationship builder - you spend the time on relationships and building trust
- Self awareness and resilience - you are in tune with your impact on others and can moderate your workload to manage strong well being
- You have a 'global first' mindset
- 10+ years working in a Organizational Development and/or Learning & Development capacity at a senior level (OKR methodology experience essential)
- 5+ years experience facilitating groups to achieve outcomes
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in HR, Psychology, Business and/or Arts
- Global experience either via international experience or working for a global organization
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a range of medical benefits such as private medical insurance and a health cash plan as well as a market leading parental leave policy.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing currently held virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.