From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As our business grows, so does our Financial Performance team! We are currently seeking a passionate Finance Analyst to join Afterpay who will partner with our HR/People Team. In this position you will be responsible for contributing to recommendations, implementation and ongoing administration of remuneration policies and processes, including Afterpay’s global equity plan, managing our remuneration and people planning costs, along with supporting the HR/People Team with budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
This is a permanent position, to be ideally based in our Melbourne office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare financial models and scenario analyses to support corporate decision making on broad-based and individual remuneration structures and frameworks as required
- Liaise between multiple different departments to help drive business performance and alignment on Remuneration and Share-Based payment considerations
- Provide insightful analysis into people costs and share-based payments expense
- Contribute to month-end processes to accurately account and report on employment and share-based payment expenses for the global workforce
- Maintain global employee database for share-based compensation and associated financial impacts. Validate integrity of data from Shareworks and ensure alignment with internal databases and financial records
- Manage administrative requirements for accounting and tax implications of share-based compensation across all regions, together with the Global Financial Control and Global Tax Teams
- Contribute to the preparation and review of remuneration and share-based payment disclosures in annual and half-year reporting, ensuring accuracy of all numbers reported
- Drive improvement in processes for all financial reporting and budgeting of people-related costs and share-based payments expenses
- Experience as a finance analyst, within a listed-company environment
- Capability to build and maintain robust financial models to ensure the accuracy of data and provide insights to support financial performance
- Exposure to financial management of remuneration plans that include equity/share based components will be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related business/quantitative field. Chartered accountant qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Fantastic attention to detail, always looking to improve processes, are proactive and enjoy working in fast paced and ever changing environments
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
Sign me Up!Interested? Click ‘Apply!’
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices