Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs Associate, you will be an integral part of the Global Public Policy team reporting to VP, Global Regulatory Affairs in Sydney.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Contribute to public policy development by preparing draft submissions, identifying relevant strategies and tactics, organising and participating in discussions with stakeholders, preparing presentations, and preparing follow-up communications.
- Leading and maintaining partnerships and engagement with industry associations relevant to our business, including:
- Retail and fashion associations
- Small business organisations
- Youth organisations
- Building out and maintaining Afterpay’s corporate social responsibility strategy, including financial inclusion and wellbeing programs, charities and nonprofits, and policy development with interested stakeholders.
- Assisting with Afterpay’s broader engagement with political, government, regulatory, consumer and industry stakeholders.
- Support develop and build-out Afterpay's long term narrative around millennials, Gen Z, small business and wider economic contribution.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for public policy and corporate social responsibility with proven work experience in this field
- A tertiary background in law, commerce or similarExcellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously, and to influence stakeholders.
- A team-player who can divvy up difficult projects and work well with a number of cross-functional teammates.
- Experience in financial services, tech or government is advantageous
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!