Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$150M (pacing to $170M in 2021) and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
Rokt is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our talented Product team in New York City or Sydney, Australia. You’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, owning our information architecture for all products, including our technical documentation and user guides published on docs.rokt.com for external users. You’ll partner closely with other stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Product Marketing, and more to effectively create content for technical and non-technical audiences as we move towards launching our platform for self-serve users. Your success will be measured by the effectiveness of our documentation to enable clients and self-serve users to use our platform.
- Own the overall information architecture of docs.rokt.com, ensuring that all content is in the appropriate location and meets the company brand guidelines
- Own the end-to-end content lifecycle by creating, editing, and publishing content using Docusaurus & Github; familiarity with markdown highly preferred
- Measure the effectiveness of documentation in order to iterate and improve docs.rokt.com and other sources of external content
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, and Product Marketers to create technical documentation, product-related user guides, FAQs, product release notes, and more
- Partner with Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Managers, and Engineers to create product-focused content including posts for our engineering blog, technical whitepapers, and more
- Own and educate internal teams on the written content guidelines, including content standards, best practices, and more ensuring consistent tone, voice, and language
- Partner with Product Designers and Product Managers to ensure clear UI copy in our platform and easy to understand platform user guides
- Prior experience as a technical writer, preferably at a high-growth, B2B software company
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to write for both technical and non-technical audiences, including technical documentation and content
- Great writing skills and a command of the English language, with a knack for explaining complex, technical concepts (like machine learning) in a simple and easy to understand way
- Analytical and data-driven approach to evaluating the business impact of your work, with a commitment to ensuring your efforts lead to results
- Proven ability to build trust and mutual respect, working closely with other stakeholders across multiple departments and offices
- Proactive with a drive to solve problems with innovative solutions, geared towards action in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.