Remuneration: Competitive with Options
Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia, growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we’ve grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and commitment to improving the environment has been recognised through:
- 2014- Green Lifestyle Awards, winner - transport company
- 2017 - Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow, top 200 winner
- 2018 - SmartCompany Smart 50, 5th place
- 2018 - Service Innovation Awards, Finalist
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer who is familiar with managing and scaling operations of a 100+ team, or has led a business unit of a similar size. In this role, you will partner with our CEO, helping to drive the strategic vision, planning, and goals for the organisation, whilst managing its core operations.
A huge part of this is ensuring we have the right people in place to achieve our goals. You will have experience in aligning strategic objectives, functional design, financial budgets and talent management to ensure a cohesive and successful operation.
A day in the life of this role will include:
- Facilitating strategic decision making, on an executive and board level.
- Developing, implementing and continuously improving Car Next Door’s strategies, processes and procedures.
- Overseeing various functions and adding value across some or all of these areas:
- • Marketing & Communication
- • Growth
- • Strategic Partner Development
- • Supply
- • Customer Service
- • People & Culture
- • Finance and Capital Raising
- • Product Development
- • Insurance
- Creating clear operational objectives and managing performance against those objectives.
- Managing organisation-wide strategic planning conferences and execution.
What you’ll bring to CND:
- Proven experience either as CEO or COO in a small-medium sized tech organisation, or as the head of a large operational department
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience working with stakeholders on all levels
- Ability to make business projections based on industry trends and cycles
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and implement potential solutions
- Growth leadership capability, with a strong foundation of experiential learning, employee empowerment and accountability
- Previous experience in a start-up or tech or product-focused business is highly desirable
Apply now to be considered for this exceptional career opportunity and make a difference to communities across Australia, and the environment!