About Afterpay 🚀
Afterpay’s technology was home-grown in Australia, and we’re now building our tech teams in Melbourne, Sydney, New York, Shanghai, London, San Francisco and the list goes on! We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work and we’re looking for people who are keen to be a part of something very special in the Afterpay roadmap. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As part of Afterpay’s Mobile Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for developing software to enhance the Afterpay Mobile App delivering value to Customers. We are building the Afterpay native apps from the ground up and using the latest technologies across iOS. We love writing clean code and at the same time take user experience seriously. If you love working with UI and motions, this is a place for you! We operate in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry where development and maintenance of effective software is key to the ongoing success and future growth of the business.
- Join others in building the iOS Native Application
- Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery, and validation of product features via mobile apps, BFFs as well as microservices
- Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles
- Peer-review design decisions, code, automated tests, and documentation
- Help design and architect our evolving core platforms, services, and applications
- Build for the highest standards of performance, scalability, availability, accessibility, and security
- Collaborate with product managers, experience designers, & business stakeholders to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with Mobile Engineers and other teams in our engineering centres abroad, including San Francisco
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- A naturally curious and self-driven individual
- A proven track record of building iOS applications
- Participate in designing our strategic mobile architecture
- Experience delivering and supporting applications on iOS
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code
- Experience working within an agile environment, using XP, clean code, pragmatic programming techniques (pair-programming, CI, etc.)
- Understanding of integration technologies: RESTful JSON APIs, GraphQL, gRPC
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Deployment & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Exposure to cloud architecture & infrastructure as code will be well regarded
- Exposure to team leadership would be valuable but not a must
- Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies and techniques as required
- An understanding of best practices in UX design would be well regarded
- Exposure to money management, neo banking and/or financial services would be a beneficial
- Experience in Android development would be an advantage
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
- Supportive, laid-back environment
- Award winning culture
- Huge career growth into major engineer applications
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices