Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay’s ambition is to become the world’s favorite way to pay for what we call life’s little essentials – a new way of purchasing designed for and around our customers’ interests. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire.
The Afterpay Merchant Success Team is focused on designing and building Afterpay’s new merchant-facing and internal portals. We strive to deliver value to our merchants in the form of rich data, insights, tracking, and self-serve experiences that drive their business, in partnership with Afterpay. The team is working to solve complex product design and business problems, delivering value to our merchants globally.
We are looking for a passionate and talented designer to work alongside a highly experienced and fun product and engineering team. You are a designer who has demonstrated the use of human-centered design principles to create and ship new digital product experiences.
Our designers are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services, and experiences. You’ll work closely with product and technology partners during discovery and define phases to gather and translate data, research, and insights into usable and engaging applications through ideation sessions, design sprints, and creative collaboration.
The role requires a seasoned design craftsperson, with hands-on skills and the focus to turn conceptual thinking into tangible solutions for critique and user feedback. You will iterate quickly and have responsibility for your designs all the way through hand-off and delivery to our engineering partners. You will be the dedicated design voice through the development and deployment phases, seeing your work in the hands of end-users.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
• Work closely with product and business partners to discover and define merchant pain points and opportunities for product enhancement/innovation.
• Solve complex design challenges through the participation in and curation of design programs covering research, journey mapping, sketching, and high fidelity design of solutions.
• Design and socialize low/medium fidelity solution prototypes for validation and feedback.• Hand-off validated product designs to development teams and oversee implementation. • Informally mentor junior design practitioners in best practices, processes, and methodology.
• Design best practice consumer discovery, shopping, and payments experiences that empathise with customer's needs and given situations.
• Create scalable designs that cater to localisation.
• Be the subject matter expert for merchant feature experiences.
• Design end-to-end experiences optimised for conversion.
• Have an understanding of research methodologies and the ability to conduct user interviews with merchants and customers.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
• Minimum of 7+ years experience in the digital product design field.
• Experience working autonomously and leading independent initiatives.
• Strong design point-of-view and comfort with challenging personal opinions.
• Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
• Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
• Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
• Craftsperson, strong skills and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
• Experience working from and contributing to established design systems/design language.
• Experience working with design technologists or prototypers.
• Experience working hands-on with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing.
Once we are back in the office, you will enjoy working from our beautiful office spaces and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly, not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!