Our Company: Faethm by Pearson is an augmented analytics platform that provides scenario-driven predictive analytics on the impact of external trends on the workforce. Our SaaS AI-driven capability is the world’s data source for navigating external impacts like AI/ robotic technologies, the evolution of work, and Covid-19 on the workforce. Our data, analytics and insights help clients evaluate the impact of these trends on any economy, industry, organisation, or job to suggest viable transition pathways for impacted employees into 'future proof' career pathways.
The role: Reporting to our Head of Software Engineering, you will work alongside Faethm’s Full-stack Engineers, Data Engineers and to solve interesting technical challenges and implement our product roadmap. We run a high-concurrency, low-latency analytics environment across 7 geographic regions to serve enterprise customers all over the world. To give you a sense of our work, we recently implemented a new onboarding flow to help users onboard their data quickly and consistently and manage data quality in real-time.
Reporting to Faethm’s Head of Data Engineering, as a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with Faethm’s data science team to ensure workflows (including machine learning tasks, data exploration and analysis, data pipelines and integrations, feature development and labelling) can meet the needs of our products and clients.
- Guiding Faethm’s data scientists with ongoing training and assistance for essential data engineering concepts and tools (such as the SDLC, coding practices, GitHub and Jira).
- Being the go-to support for the consumption of Faethm’s data science outputs by Product teams and for platform services provided by Adoption, such as our occupation ontology, impact research and client insights.
- Proactively providing visibility into Faethm’s data science capabilities to the broader Faethm product and engineering teams.
- Responsibility for Faethm’s data science infrastructure, including monitoring production workflows and maintaining critical infrastructure components.
- Identifying and leading the development of enhancements to our infrastructure capabilities and architecture to meet emerging requirements (such as the research and development, security and regulatory needs).
- Keeping up to date with new data science and data engineering technologies.
To be successful in this role you’ll ideally have:
- A broad experience with the numerous technologies and methods used by data scientists and engineers to deliver production-grade data science outcomes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with other engineers and analysts in both office-based and remote working environments.
- A proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders and peers across the organisation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
- A demonstrated desire and ability to learn new tools, architectures and programming languages and demonstrate essential concepts to others.
- Minimum 3 years experience using Python for data science workflows (such as jupyterlab, papermill, pandas, scikit-learn, xgboost, keras, etc)
- Minimum 3 years experience developing infrastructure-as-code with AWS (CloudFormation)
- Production experience deploying core AWS components and an understanding of emerging landscape
- Production experience with container technologies (Docker, ECS/EKS, etc) to build and execute tasks in reproducible environments
- Experience with distributed and stream data processing technologies (Spark/Kafka) for data science
- Experience with GitHub and AWS components used to deploy CI/CD pipelines in established engineering environments
Join Faethm by Pearson and you will: Work for an inventive, purpose-driven and civic-minded company with an ambitious but realisable mission and vision that tackles a very real and globally important issue. People are our secret sauce, at Faethm we pride ourselves on working hard and having fun! What are you waiting for? come and work with an amazing team of professionals, in an autonomous, agile, yet supportive, flexible and fun environment!
Faethm is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.