Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Payroll Officer, you’ll be responsible for executing the monthly payroll, month-end payroll activities including data entry, manual calculations, third party payments, posting of journals and reconciliations, and attending to employee and manager queries. You will also work with the ANZ Payroll Manager to continually review payroll procedures and documentation and update as necessary.
You will engage with various stakeholders in managing the payroll including, Human Resources, Remuneration and Benefits and Finance.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Processing of the monthly ANZ Payroll routine
- Preparation of ANZ payroll reconciliations, ensuring they are accurate, timely and compliant at all times
- Assist with ad hoc payroll requests relating to expansion activities in other regions in which Afterpay operates
- Work on process improvement opportunities identified with stakeholders, including Human Resources & Remuneration and Benefits and Finance
- Assist with payroll projects as required
- Assist the ANZ Payroll Manager with all audit activities, provide timely data, and the payroll audit is passed without qualification or escalation
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Afterpay is a fast-paced environment where 'things happen' every day! This role requires someone who is energetic, enjoys fostering and maintaining working relationships and is able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ plus years of payroll experience within a medium corporate environment
- Intermediate Excel skills
- The skills to work within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to review and improve payroll process and documentation
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- A self-starter attitude and be someone who thrives under pressure;
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and ongoing growing environment
- A high attention to detail
Payroll Certification will be highly regarded
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.