Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise-grade, SaaS-based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you’ll find yourself responsible for the planning and conducting of user research, and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources. The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights.
This role is uniquely different from other User Research Roles as there is a huge emphasis on synthesising and processing the collection of information from our sales and customer success team, on top of the direct primary research responsibilities. You will still be involved in the entire product development process, with a focus on problem discovery and potential conceptual solutions.
Additionally, as an early member of our growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our research principles, process, and tools. You’ll work closely with both our Director of Customer Insights and Product Strategy and Head of Design to define the questions that guide our UX research program.
You will be able to use modern tools and processes to hone your skills and have opportunities to mentor and lead while you rapidly develop professionally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, design, conduct and analyse user research outcomes that align with our product goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to ensure that research will drive the right outcomes
- Effectively communicate and present insights to a range of stakeholders and audiences
- Grow and support the research operations of the practice. This, in turn, will allow other product teams to conduct quality user-centred research
- Define and document research operating procedures that are in line with relevant local compliance (E.g. GDPR)
- Operate closely with key stakeholders for user research such as Product Marketing, Product Analytics (quantitative insights) & Customer Experience (Customer Success Managers, SAs, including Customers Feedback), in order to align processes
- Scaleup our user insights repository (we are currently using EnjoyHQ)
- Streamline recruiting and coordination with user research participants through tools and processes (Salesforce, User Testing, external vendors when necessary)
- 4+ years of mixed methods research experience
- Must have a proven track record of conducting a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong analytics skills to synthesis a range of mixed-method data points to create actionable insights and recommendations
- Must have the proven ability to lead research engagements end-end (plan, design, execute and communicate both strategic and tactical direction)
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Preferred candidates will have experience contributing to or leading the growth and maturation of a user or customer research practice in a technology organization
- Preferred candidates will have experience applying service design frameworks and methods to the design of experiences across a lifecycle of product usage
- Preferred candidates will have experience setting or contributing to Product Strategy within a technology organisation (e.g. as a Product Manager, Business Owner or User Experience Designer)
- Preferred candidates will have experience in relevant industry domain (B2B SAAS Product Development)
- Preferred candidates will have excellent project management, communication, stakeholder education, and presentation skills
- Preferred candidates will have experience managing 3rd-party vendor relationships and successful engagements with vendors
- Preferred candidates will have a high proficiency in a range of research methods and best practices, and experience applying them to complex product questions in a technology context
- M.A./M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental is a plus
- This position will require 10% travel from time to time as set forth by the Company.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 2 days in the office & 3 days work from home
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills