Moula is a better way to borrow money to grow your business. Once upon a time, getting a business loan meant spending 6-8 weeks filling in forms and then waiting around for approval. With Moula, you can apply online with no paperwork and no hassle and have the funds in your account the next day.
We’ve developed a unique platform that will analyse a business’ data, making the process simple, fast, and friendly. But we’re not just a smart algorithm; we’re all about human interaction, which is why we have a team of real people who will get to know each business’ unique needs. Founded in Australia by an experienced team who are passionate about using technology to simplify finance, Moula continues to lead the market with our transparent pricing and responsible lending practices.
About the position
This is a newly created opportunity supporting the Head of Finance and wider finance team to deliver Moula with high quality bookkeeping and financial reporting. Moula is an exciting Fintech that is undergoing rapid change and requires a focus on reporting and analysis to support key decisions within the business.
● Bookkeeping on finance system Xero
● Maintaining expense accruals, prepayments and asset accounts
● Month end close accounting and process improvements
● Balance sheet reconciliations including loan GL
● Working with the finance team to close month end efficiently
● Detailed income, expense and variance reporting at a department & channel level
● Assisting with cashflow monitoring and reporting
● Assisting with the financial Audit
● Working with finance team to improve the structure of the finance system to align with organisational changes
● Project work as Moula scales and diversifies
● Experience in a similar position
● Finance qualification
● Must be hands on and have the flexibility to jump into different areas of the finance function as required
● Skill set to develop new procedures and advanced understanding of accounting fundamentals
● Advanced Excel skills desirable
● Logical problem-solving and continuous improvements mindset