Every role within the product team guarantees three key promises
- Elicit the actual needs of stakeholders
- Facilitate communication between organizational units
- Play a central role in aligning the needs of business units with engineering
What is a Business Analyst at Whispir?
Being a Business Analyst means you are acting as the pivot or intermediary between end-users and IT to ensure that business/user requirements are delivered in IT solutions.
Activities a BA might do
- Meeting with user groups to gather and analyse end user requirements.
- Analysing workflow to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Developing functional specifications that design and document desired outcome of system enhancement/development.
- Producing technical specifications to communicate user requirements in technical terms to analyst programmers/project team.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development.
- Preparing material and providing training and assistance to end-users following implementation.
- Working as a crucial component of a project team responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new systems.
Skills we expect from business analysts
- Strong ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Outstanding technical specification writing/documentation skills.
- An awareness of both IT and business strategy.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering.
We expect analysts to embody the following values.
- Be curious
- Think from first principles
- Challenge assumptions