What you will do
As a Software Developer at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with Senior Developers to design technical solutions for Dovetail’s web product to successfully fulfil the needs of our customers
- Implement technical solutions to problems defined in conjunction with Senior Developers in order to evolve the existing feature set for Dovetail’s web product, including both “backend” and “frontend” development.
- Contribute new features written in programming languages like TypeScript Node.js, TypeScript React, HTML, and CSS.
- Work closely with senior and peer developers, external stakeholders, and customers to proactively gather and understand areas for improvement.
- Support Senior Developers with the design of detailed guidelines and standards for product development processes
- Participate in established quality assurance practices like code review, pair programming, design sparring, etc.
As a Software Developer, ideally you will join us with:
- A few years writing code at other startups or world-class software companies.
- The mindset of a solution implementer or problem solver.
- Recent hands-on exposure to building the frontend and backend of web products with technology like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node, ProseMirror, PostgreSQL and AWS.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience articulating constructive criticism on architectural or design decisions beyond phrases like “I don’t like it” or “it doesn’t look good”.
- The ability to offer thoughtful opinions on important business decisions like fundraising, hiring, and establishing management structure if / when it’s required.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours – we value work-life balance.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Office snacks, cereal, sparkling water on tap.
- Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, Aeron chairs.
- Pet friendly office including a terrace, BBQ, concrete floor.
- Regular events like yoga on Tuesday and monthly social events.
- Annual company retreats
- Regular lunch and learn events with other companies.
This is a full time role in Sydney, Australia. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, please apply now.