Valiant is an innovative, award-winning platform connecting Australian business owners with the funding they need to grow and kick goals. How? With pioneering tech, a diverse panel of 80+ lenders and a talented team, we’ve revolutionised the lending game and have empowered over 30,000 businesses.
We’re looking for a high energy and empathetic leader, with a knack for building & scaling high performing teams to bolster Valiant's exciting growth.
As an exceptional People leader, you have a strong functional background in (people development or Human Resources) and employee engagement. You are experienced in building a high performance workplace culture, and are passionate about delivering the best possible employee experience through an impactful people strategy.
You will apply both your experience, ingenuity, people skills, buoyant personality to build people programs including implementing a HR system and processes from scratch, but can also handle more traditional HR responsibilities with ease. Importantly, you thrive working in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities with ease
- Own and lead the Employee Experience function at Valiant.
- Develop and deliver an exceptional Employee & Culture strategy that fosters high engagement, performance and development, with a focus on delivering the best employee experience across the organisation.
- Drive a performance culture across the organisation, supporting Valiant's leadership team and wider business to ensure everyone lives by our core values (Thrive in the pride, Be a customer champion, Get sh#t done)
- Implement Employee Experience programs and processes such as performance, culture development & engagement, ensuring they are driving outcomes aligned with our core values.
- Champion the company culture and values, and support the leadership team to align all staff to our mission, vision and values.
- Provide coaching, development and HR support for our people managers, providing guidance on people-related matters to our expanding global team.
- Manage HR/ER matters with confidence and confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience working in a tech start-up or fintech environment.
- Degree or CertIV in HR.
- Strong knowledge of all things Employee and Experience and HR operations.
- Strong knowledge of immigration and visa policies.
- Experience of creating employee engagement strategies.
- Brand new pet-friendly office. Bring your furry friend to work!
- Funded Induction product training and on-going coaching and support.
- Working directly with a talented and diverse leadership team (previously McKinsey & Co, Credit Suisse, Blackpeak capital, Hype, ING, Lendi, King & Wood Mallesons) to grow as a professional.
- Ongoing training, development and professional educational support. Take your career to the next level and become the best version of yourself.
- Inclusive, passionate and supportive team. Innovation thrives on diversity and so do we.
- Weekly Friday drinks and monthly events.
- Fun, open plan office space located in the heart of Surry Hills, steps away from cafes and restaurants.
- Employee Assistance Program.