Hi. We’re hipages, Australia's largest online tradie marketplace.
Let us introduce you to hipages, Australia’s largest Online Tradie Marketplace, where our team get to help shape the on-demand tradie economy!
What we do:
The hipages product is available as a website and mobile phone application. Our technology is designed for Australian homeowners and tradies, ultimately making it easier for them to connect, communicate and get a home improvement job done well. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds!
The Problem we’re solving:
hipages’ mission is to use innovative technologies and superior customer service to transform the tradie-consumer experience from the current feat of mutual endurance to one of effortless efficiency.
Where we are going and Why:
Our Vision to be THE place to go for home improvement, replacing traditional ways of connecting tradies with consumers such as word-of-mouth and print advertising to our online platform. Our purpose of Creating Happier homes through Effortless Home Improvement drives our curious, creative and energised team to achieve this.
How you will make an impact:
As a Senior Software Engineer within hipages, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of our web applications. You will work closely with other software engineers, product managers, and key stakeholders in an autonomous, cross-functional team to devise innovative solutions to customer problems. You will be influential in defining the future of the hipages software architecture as we continue to evolve. But most importantly, you’ll be joining an engineering team that prides itself on its high standards and quality products!
- Raising the bar of what-good-looks-like within hipages Engineering
- Design, development, and delivery of quality, maintainable software apps and services
- Creation of APIs which will be consumed both internally and externally
- Involvement in data-driven product experimentation
- Writing clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Participation in discussions of system architecture
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
Awesome looks like:
- Requirements (Technical Experience):
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Good understanding of Engineering principles, and what makes good quality software ( eg SOLID)
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum, Lean, Kanban or any other flavour )
- Exposure to a cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience writing automated tests
- A learning mindset
- Any of the following would be a bonus, but aren’t required:
- Experience building event-based systems and working with messaging or streaming technologies such as RabbitMQ, Amazon SQS, Kinesis or Apache Kafka
- Experience with XP techniques, such as pair programming or TDD
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems and concepts
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Understanding of microservices architecture
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks ;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work;
- Five-star bicycle parking and changing rooms (with showers) - we’re in the Hilton building with access to many facilities;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!