What’s it like working at Afterpay?
Welcome to the rocketship! We’re a rapidly growing team with one vision: to become the world’s most loved way to pay. Our Australian-made buy now pay later service has revolutionised the retail sector by allowing our customers to receive their purchases and then pay them off in instalments, all without having to pay upfront fees and interest.
We're on a mission to shape an economy in which everyone wins 🚀
About the role
As the Engineering Manager of Instore Engineering you'll be responsible for managing parts of the development of the Instore product that was recently launched in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States. This product enables our consumers to use the Afterpay virtual card in participating stores in Australia. We’ve seen huge success in the instore application across all regions and we are looking to continue our expansion globally. The team moves quickly and makes brave product decisions, this is the perfect opportunity for an Engineering Manager that enjoys creating new features quickly and effectively.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Participate in the technical development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
- Work closely with the recruitment team to ensure smooth candidate experiences and top talent for the engineering teams.
- Undergo performance reviews and daily people management across the team
- Proactively manage issues early to avoid bigger problems later
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
- Experienced leading teams in fast paced and complex environments
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Experience in card issuing or apps is desired but not essential
- An outcome focused and collaborative approach
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
- Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
What are the perks?
- Flexible work from home arrangements (Hybrid or fully remote model of working)
- Equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave
- Beautiful office space in Surry Hills with all snacks, beverages and catered meals
- Open training accounts and certification reimbursements
- Additional wellness days (extra days of leave) and company-wide wellness hours
- Afterpay swag, did someone say Afterpay socks?
- Paid team outings, UberEats Vouchers & Afterpay credit on Afterpay day!
Sign me up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’