We've been around for twenty years - originally a UK startup, now headquartered in Sydney with over 250 employees in 6 offices around the world. We've got 70 employees here in Christchurch, where our new Product & Development team was established in 2019.
Our values? Fun, fulfilling, forever - and we mean that. People love working at Phocas because of our amazing culture. We have some of the happiest employees around! Phocas ranks #1 in G2 Crowd, rates highly on Glassdoor, and appears in Deloitte's Fast 50. In 2019 Phocas won the Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
We're looking for a senior front end developer with extensive experience in React and Typescript to help create the next generation of great financial planning and analysis products for the Phocas suite.
- Work with existing teams to guide development direction via technical solutions, best practice, and learned lessons
- Help coach and contribute to the agile practices of the team.
- Contribute to the functionality and usability of the product - both by adding features that users gain value from, as well as by driving quality and consistency in both user experience and development components/tools.
We're looking for:
- Strong experience with front end technologies: React, TypeScript
- A history of developing software products in modern web and UI orientated languages and frameworks
- Extensive experience with Java or C#
- Enthusiasm and passion
- An empathetic approach to communication
- A sense of fun and a genuine desire to work as part of a diverse, collaborative team
Design experience is also beneficial as you’ll also be working alongside the design team during the discovery and creation process.
Sadly due to current global pandemic travel restrictions, we can only consider those with established working rights for New Zealand or Australia
- Competitive salary and stock options plan
- Benefits include life, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Fantastic opportunities for growth and development
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Fruit, hot & cold drinks, snacks and drinks on Friday
We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and encourage our team to come into the office - and we love being here! - but we also like to be flexible around hours and working from home.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.