Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay’s global Public Policy team develops and communicates Afterpay’s messages to government and third-party stakeholders, ensuring the voice of Afterpay’s customers and merchants are considered and heard.
This is a tremendous opportunity to help shape the future of our business and the FinTech sector more broadly. You’ll have an opportunity to super-charge your career by getting involved with transformational projects and develop world-leading industry research and analysis.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Conduct economic and strategic analysis and research to support Afterpay’s public policy and external affairs program
- Manage Afterpay’s relationships with third-party consultants to deliver research and drive our business strategy
- Communicate Afterpay’s messages effectively to key internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to and lead cross-functional projects and partnerships.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
The ideal candidate
- has proven skills in data analysis and interpretation, data science, statistics and / or economics
- has the ability to apply quantitative skills and tools to produce research and communicate complex ideas
- has knowledge or experience of working with public sector stakeholders
- has a passion for data, operational excellence, project management and research
- has worked autonomously and navigated ambiguity
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- 2-5 years experience in consulting, economics, strategy and analytics roles
- Proven project management and business priority planning experience
- Deep analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client relationship management skills
- Advanced time management skills in managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Surry Hills, Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations.
We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!