Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
You will be a hands-on senior analytics leader responsible for managing a highly effective global team to develop ongoing analyses and reports in support of merchant acquisition, retention and loyalty, and other pertinent aspects of Sales operations.
You will also analyse business performance in the competition, deliver data driven business insights for decision making, and provide insights on product features, customer behavior, and communicate findings with internal stakeholders and external clients.
You can think strategically and deep dive into data sets to deliver high level, or detailed well-structured models and analysis. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners and cross-functional teams.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Work closely with the leadership team and global sales team to understand their business intelligence and insights needs
- Define and drive OKRs for the sales analytics domain
- Build and maintain analytics framework and scalable solutions to spot trends, quickly understand sales performance and opportunities and articulate recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Source data and enhance competitor tracking at different levels (for portfolio as well as individual merchants)
- Support business growth using data, empower sales teams to expand to new verticals and new markets.
- Help actively recruit for the team.
- Contribute to training sessions, hold technical educational talks that reach beyond your immediate team.
- Contribute to analytics tools or methodologies enhancement.
- Understand how Afterpay systems interact with 3rd party tools ( e.g. Google API, Salesforce, Amplitude, Leanplum etc) and build robust frameworks with Data Engineering as a result.
- Introduce new methods/computing languages/tools to the team to solve problems more effectively, while making the best use of existing tools (e.g. optimisation of data mart design or query scheduler tasks etc).
Who are you?
- You have strong technical skills, can manage results for multiple business domains, define and execute long term strategies.
- You stay current on data science trends and best practices. Influence and recommend changes to key modeling/analytical methodologies, including but not limited to tagging, experimentation, forecasting etc.
- You use excellent professional judgement to make the correct decisions or recommendation based on data under ambiguity.
- You take an active interest in the success of those around you. You're seen as a thought leader and subject matter expert to more junior people on the team.
- You have deep knowledge about Afterpay internal systems and processes across multiple domains and can effectively influence the product/tech solutions that provide solid data foundation for the team to build upon.
- You have advanced analytic and programming (R/Python/SQL) skills and can write, troubleshoot, simplify and optimise complex queries and analytical tasks.
- You can automate complicated & repetitive tasks and can provide effective training to team members to drive efficiency.
- You can evaluate analytics and data initiative designs for important projects and drive improvement.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree, + 12 years of relevant working experience, or a Masters Degree from quantitative fields with 8+ year relevant experience, or a PhD Degree from quantitative fields with 5+ year experience.
- People management experience is a plus.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.