Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loan faster. Athena’s digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers as better rates. Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans. Since launch, Athena has settled over $1.9b in home loans, and saved borrowers over $200m in interest savings – and grown to become one of Australia’s largest fintechs.
Athena has built Australia’s first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing sustainable advantage.
Athena has raised $200m in equity funding to date in four funding rounds from leading investors including AirTree Ventures, Apex Capital, AustralianSuper, Hostplus, Macquarie Bank, RESIMAC Group, Rice Warner, Square Peg and Sunsuper. Most recently in October 2019, Athena closed $90m in Series D funding – the largest ever Australia-led venture capital investment round.
We have a team of ~30 Software Engineers that you will support, with one other Senior DevOps Engineer in the Infrastructure, Engineering Productivity and Tooling team.
- Plan, design, implement and maintain shared Infrastructure and engineering productivity tooling/services focused on: Testing, Deployment and Monitoring
- Leverage best-in-class technology for supporting the Athena's core value: Move at Speed
- Reduce or eliminate risky manual operations
- Pro-actively investigate and suggest improvements and automation of repetitive and/or manual work
- Be a guardian of Athena's secrets
- Arm squads with quality enforcing and enhancing tools. Internal customers who choose to adhere to simple and basic standards get A LOT for free
- Our products cover all the basics of operational readiness so our customers don't have to even think about it
- You have experience automating and operating infrastructure on public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- You have hands-on experience with Configuration Management and Deployment tools like: Ansible, Serverless, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS CDK, or other such tools
- You are an infrastructure savvy software engineer comfortable coding in at least two of the following languages: Python, Go, Node.js, Java, Bash
- You are proficient with git and git workflows
- You have an opinion on CI/CD and tooling to automate testing and deployment
- You can troubleshoot issues in production and help determining root causes
- You can collaborate with software developers and other IT staff members in order to understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions
- You are comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced DevOps environment
- You are a problem-solver and embrace the can-do attitude
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from both home and office
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
You'll be joining an experienced team, passionate about being best in class in everything we do. We have a relaxed and fun atmosphere where you can bring your unique self and skills to help us all grow as a team. Be great, be you, play nice.
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.