Come shape the future of education with us.
We love working with schools and strive to deliver new innovations, functions, and process improvements as new technology becomes available. Our services are specifically designed to improve not only the school process but also community culture and student learning outcomes.
Griddle is a catalyst in education, enabling schools to offer a more personalised, engaging, and effective learning journey for every student. At Griddle, we want to revolutionise the educational experience by providing advanced timetabling solutions for our schools.
About the Role & Team
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join us as a Mid-Level Frontend Developer in our Griddle team. Under the guidance of the Griddle Engineering Manager, this position will collaborate with an experienced team to develop and implement new features, maintain existing functionalities, and enhance site scalability. Here, you will thrive in a collaborative and agile environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and maintaining secure, scalable software that’s used by thousands of students, parents and teachers across the world.
- Inspiring quality and best practices by championing software craftsmanship, clean code and pair programming.
- Building great relationships with your team, being generous with your thoughts and feedback (and open to receiving it!).
- Mentoring your fellow colleagues and driving the architectural strategy by employing industry best practices and following Griddle software engineering guidelines.
- Contributing to our diverse and inclusive culture and take pride in doing work that makes a real difference for school communities from Melbourne to Dublin.
You will have:
- A keen interest in developing a high-quality product while meeting company objectives with other talented developers.
- A passion about software development - actively keep up to date with new tech.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex software systems and can identify when a problem is worth solving for the customer and the business.
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and is comfortable designing and implementing database solutions.
- Experience in testing practices eg. TDD or automation.
- Bonus points for experience with Java, Spring Framework, RabbitMQ or AWS.
What’s in it for you?
- Meaningful work in a rewarding industry that allows you to contribute to a mission that you believe in
- Flexible working culture - hybrid working environment
- Learning & Development - we want you to grow and get the most out of your role!
- Parental Leave Program for both primary and secondary carers
- 24/7 access to our Employment Assistance Program (EAP) through the means of face-to-face, livechat and phone support
- Social events and weekly free lunches (Melbourne)
It is a really exciting time to join Compass. We are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. Compass is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Prior To Commencing Employment, You Require:
- a valid Employee Working With Children Check
- a satisfactory National Police Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport, or birth certificate