Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m+ and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development. We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for talented engineers to join our Data Platform team who are passionate about building large-scale data processing systems. This team is critical for owning and operating technology related to our Data platform. We are looking for engineers who are able to wrap their heads around incredibly complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions. You will be expected to apply your strong engineering and problem solving skills to priorities and execute on projects. Our ideal candidate has experience in both software engineering and distributed data stores.
Our team is looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers to help us develop data storage/streams features, tooling, and automation that will scale our distributed data systems technology. Your contribution will be valuable to not only to our engineering teams but to our customers by providing a world class service. You will be involved in high impact initiatives whilst elevating and championing engineering best practices arounds Distributed Data systems technology and infrastructure.
The mission of this role is to deliver a reliable and resilient foundational Data Platform for services at Rokt.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Ensuring monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our Data platform services are running seamlessly
- Help design, build and run Data platforms that support real time workloads and streaming data flows in a microservice environment with ever growing traffic utilising automation.
- Drive productivity improvements through automation, optimisation and process enhancements.
- Provide guidance to other teams in data modelling / stream processing
- Actively participate in peer code reviews.
- Foster a collaborative environment and be a good role model within the team
Capabilities & requirements
- We expect you to have a strong understanding of software engineering principles and strong skills with Python, Go or similar languages
- A strong understanding of Systems Engineering with proven experience and background in Data Engineering and/or software development.
- You have a technical background in Big Data technologies like: Apache Kafka and/or Apache Presto, Spark, Flink, Beam, Hive, HDFS, YARN, Hadoop
- Familiarly with data warehousing technologies like AWS Redshift
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Experience working with Apache Cassandra preferred
- Experience working with AWS and Kubernetes in production preferred
- Experience with different types of data file formats such as Parquet, Avro, Protobuf
- Keen to always push the boundaries and think outside of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Be motivated, self driven and pragmatic in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.