We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed.
We’re looking for an energetic and creative Product Developer to join our team and bring our brand to life through innovative and exceptional products in both new and existing categories.
You will be highly motivated and drive all aspects of product development from research, concept, design & development from start to finish. Using your expert CAD skills, you'll bring products to life through in-depth knowledge of working with fabrics and trims, whilst working closely with suppliers to deliver on the brands vision.
If you love the idea of deeply understanding the customers problems within the sleep & bedding category, and using your skills in product development to create an innovative product solution then this role is for you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Developing functional products that are true to our brand with a focus on innovation, quality, sustainability and performance.
- Research current and emerging technologies within the product category to influence your design choices. Keeping our finger on the pulse of global innovations.
- Facilitate sample production and user feedback loop where products can be meticulously tested. Identify and categorise feedback and make genuine improvements to the product.
- Work with the Design & Production Manager as well as senior business leaders to identify the core positioning and messaging for new products, its reason for being and the key features & benefits.
- Assess and address all aspects of the product life cycle from design, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, lead time planning, raw materials, promotion, packaging and finally product end of life.
- Balance quality and cost from both the business and the consumer lens.
- Liaising directly with our offshore suppliers daily, ensuring the development of all new product ranges remain on track to meet timelines.
- Initiating and developing relationships with suppliers throughout the entire product landscape, from raw materials, weaving & sewing through to packaging.
- Identifying new and emerging product trends, assessing their relevance and addressing a way to integrate them into the business (eg: recycled fibres)
- Work collaboratively with the Production Coordinator, juggling production processes and tight deadlines with an understanding of the marketing calendar.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Product Design or Development role, with experience collaborating with cross functional departments.
- Experience working and developing products with offshore suppliers, primarily in China.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline will be highly advantageous. The ability to articulate designs and ideas using technical drawings or 3D models is a must.
- You’re an innately creative person with a keen eye for detail. You know that even the slightest details or tweaks are important to the design and are appreciated by the consumer.
- Obsessed with the way humans interact with products, you love problem solving through design.
- This role is ideal for someone who might be freelancing currently and is looking for a longer term gig or would love to get sunk into a bigger project.
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links
- ‘Jolly trolley’ - weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- ‘Sweet Dreams Day’ - a paid day of leave on your birthday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, biccies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly Fridays
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.