If you’re looking to make the move to a growing company making a real, positive difference in the world, a role in our People Team might be for you!
We’re an Australian, venture-backed ed-tech startup with global ambitions and an overarching mission to improve education. Our in-house content production, tech, sales, and support functions are unified in supporting secondary students and teachers across New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria to achieve outstanding learning outcomes with our innovative education resources.
The People Operations team is responsible for supporting and championing Edrollers in their working lives and helping maximise the potential of what we can achieve together. We’re a growing company and we’re looking for another member of our newly-formed People Operations team. We currently have a Head of People, and a Talent Acquisition Manager, and we’re looking for our next team member to help us take our talent acquisition team to the next level.
We have bold ambitions and a compelling growth plan ahead of us, and we’re now looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the team and execute against our plans. We are passionate about bringing our enthusiasm and expertise to maximise our Edroller community so that we can achieve our mission of improving education.
We’re planning on adding a significant number of team members soon, and as a result we’re looking for a Talent Acquisition superstar to help us find great talent and bring them onboard. This role is an amazing opportunity to help drive the execution of our Talent Acquisition strategy and would suit someone that has some existing experience in the talent acquisition space, but is looking for future growth and development opportunities.
- Scale our existing recruitment processes to support our next phase of growth including involvement in the full cycle of recruitment, including writing compelling job ads, salary benchmarking, sourcing, advertising, scheduling, and coordinating interviews
- Establish a strong candidate pipeline that we can draw on for immediate and future hires, and build this pipeline overtime
- Screen resumes and interview candidates from both active and passive candidate pools
- Provide world-class candidate experience throughout the entire future-Edrollers’ journey
- Partner with hiring managers to develop a clear understanding of their ideal candidate profiles
- Provide visibility regarding hiring progress to Talent Acquisition Manager and hiring managers
- Own new employee administration and assist with onboarding
- Use data to develop talent acquisition insights for our Founders and People Managers
- Maintain our Talent Acquisition systems with accuracy, and develop new recruitment-related systems that deliver a consistently excellent candidate experience
- Contribute to the creation of an amazing Edroller experience by implementing continuous improvement initiatives to create and improve talent acquisition processes and resources
- Contribute to delivering the People Operations strategic plan and embedding People initiatives across the organisation - help us build the best People function!
Firstly, you care deeply about the mission to improve education. You value working with people who care for each other, who are intellectually curious and display intellectual humility, who love new ideas and figuring out tough problems. You believe in the importance of a great working environment and culture and seek to enhance these. You value feedback and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
Does the following sound like you?
- You’re a true believer in the mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on people individually, their communities, and the wider world.
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in a Talent Acquisition function and are looking to build upon this further in a high growth startup environment
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves - you get satisfaction from getting stuff done, this is a newly created role in a startup after all.
- You have strong relationship building skills, with the ability to influence others positively
- You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing.
- You’re service oriented, and take pride in offering solutions and support to a variety of internal stakeholders and external candidates
- You’re a self-starter who can work independently and take initiative
- You love the idea of helping to build the best Talent Acquisition function at a leading edtech start up
- You possess a growth mindset and orientation towards continuous improvement and learning
About the offer
We’re looking forward to a great new Edroller joining our team and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return we’re offering the opportunity to:
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Access true career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- Access to an annual professional self-development fund that supports your ongoing career development
- Make a meaningful contribution to our Edroller community and our newly-created People team
- Flexible working hours, casual dress, and access to a new office in Melbourne’s CBD
- Work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues
We’re actively looking for great talent to join us and therefore we recommend you reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
- If you’re not ready to apply just yet, but instead want to have a chat about the position, please simply hit ‘apply’ and in the ‘questions’ section include a short introduction to yourself, any questions you have and your contact details. We’ll then be in touch to have a chat.
- Once you’re ready to apply - tell us as much as possible about you for us to make a decision. We’ll be in touch with you to let you know the outcome of your application.