Are you an experienced Applications Engineer? Do you consider yourself an embedded hacker? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- The design of electronic components, circuits and systems for for use in computer, communication and control systems, and various other industrial applications
- Embedded software design for use within computer, communication and control systems, and various other industrial applications
- Creating procedures for the testing of electronic components, circuits and systems
- Develop, document and maintain hardware & code to showcase and demonstrate features of an embedded system, primarily focused on wireless lan
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to understand the details of specific use cases and translate this to technical requirements and documentation
- Support internal and external customers with design & development activities
- May require travel as the situation permits
Required skills and experience:
- Must be proficient in Python.
- Understand WiFi networking and theory of operation
- Must be familiar with the C language, and with shell scripting under Linux with associated workflow using git, gcc, make, cmake targetting embedded hardware environments such as ESP32 and Arduino
- Understand hardware concepts such as GPIO, SPI, SDIO, I2C
- Understand the OSI model and possess practical experience with ethernet routing, forwarding and bridging
- Be familiar with the Linux kernel build process to build OpenWRT and/or Buildroot from source
- Knowledge of RTOS (e.g. FreeROTS with ESP32) development will be a definite advantage
- Must be articulate with the English language and capable of producing clear and detailed documentation
- Must be comfortable with interacting with customers in person and via conference calls
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- A very positive and inclusive culture with the opportunity to grow
- Lots of snacks & drinks, including barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
Check out what it is like to work with us:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume at [email protected] and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Applications Engineer.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.