HotDoc is changing healthcare by bringing in a modern, easy and accessible digital experience for managing how you visit your doctor. We take pride in helping over 20,000 Practitioners across Australia boost patient loyalty and provide proactive, sustainable healthcare to over 10 million patients.
What's in it for you?
You will be responsible for operating the platform that drives our SaaS application. You will do this by focusing on security, availability, reliability, performance and scalability efforts. You will be working with a team of dedicated Security Engineers to help HotDoc achieve its mission to improve the health care experience in Australia.
This role is open to remote workers located within Australia and New Zealand.
What will you be doing
- Responsible for a team of application security, site reliability and data / machine learning engineers, combining operations and software development experience with a focus on reliability and security.
- Ensure the platform can scale to meet the existing and new demands of the company to support its future growth in the provision of a better healthcare experience.
- Provide best of class performance and budgeting for economy of scale with cloud based resources.
- Manage company SOC 2 policies, procedures and auditing requirements.
- Ensure sales and customer success teams meet security requirements of customers.
What you must have to apply for this role
You will have demonstrated experience in systems engineering, security, risk management and production operations. You must also be highly organised with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of production operation in diversified cloud environments with either SRE or Security related roles.
- Demonstrated capacity to solve technical, architectural, and/or organisational problems with thorough iterative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organisation long-term.
- Strong team leadership skills, being able to achieve consensus with peers and motivate colleagues.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
- We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
- You will have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
- You can also work completely remote in this role - we have Remote Work Guidelines to support our remote workers.
- If you are in our office, our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, Kombucha & serious coffee machine. We have free breakfast on a Monday and free lunch on Fridays.
- Access to a fortnightly fItness subsidies, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
- Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.
We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here.