HE ICONIC Commercial team is data, product and trend orientated. Our Commercial team is customer obsessed and delivers the future of fashion through curating a customer centric platform of choice. The Category Buying team work together with the Planning team to drive sales, maximise profit, manage intake and ensure that of the moment and forward-thinking ranges engage THE ICONIC customer. Working closely with the Finance team to deliver THE ICONIC and GFG objectives and Operations teams to ensure inventory forecasts are accurate.
As the Category Buyer you will report to the Senior Category Buyer. You will drive the department strategy, vision and budget planning. You will be responsible for selecting and purchasing products, ensuring we have the right stock at the right time to meet customer demand. You will support the Senior Category Buyer to drive sales within your category by identifying and cultivating an attractive and profitable display in alignment with THE ICONIC’s commercial strategy.
We are currently looking for a Category Buyer - to join our Own Brand team.
What Success Looks Like
- You understand and drive company wide strategies and OKR’s
- Conducting market research, you will stay up to date with latest trends and products in the e-commerce industry and make recommendations on product and/or brand selection for THE ICONIC.
- You will monitor the inventory levels to maintain adequate stock levels
- You evaluate vendor performance and assist in the selection and deactivation and/or exit process
- You are able to negotiate favourable terms and conditions for contracts for both commission based (Platform) and OTB based (Wholesale) vendors whilst delivering the best customer facing assortment in the market
- Maintaining accurate records of vendor details including but not limited to; brand plans, SKU lists, department brand profile matrix, tiering profile
- You are able to analyse data, interpret trends and propose informed decisions based on data
- You have strong analytical skills enabling you to identify cost savings opportunities and propose effective procurement and platform strategies
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, you are able to work collaboratively with vendors to achieve mutual goals and foster long-term partnerships
- Liaising onboarding for vendors with internal teams and maintaining ongoing support
- You work collaboratively with agreed key brands on building assortment
- Managing inefficient and unproductive brands to propose informed strategies
- You have attention to detail, particularly with contract terms and conditions. You are able to read and understand complex contracts and ensure all terms and conditions are met.
- You proactively collaborate with marketing to identify both GTM and promotional opportunities for your category to drive sales.
- You develop and implement strategic road maps according to commercial strategies, brand adjacencies and customer segment demographics.
- You develop relationships with internal key stakeholders such as Marketing, Vendor Management, Operations and Finance.
- You are able to provide guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
What It Takes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an e-commerce buyer in a retail environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to time management work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise tasks effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of industry trends, products and suppliers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Jira, Excel, BI, BC and knowledge of API integrations and platform software preferred
Life at THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work.
Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully placing a referral
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected].