Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing SaaS startup and are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help take us to new heights in our platform management, security, deployment and scaling, particularly in the AWS space.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 150 people hailing from offices in Melbourne (HQ), Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG Group, we all share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
Your impact as a Senior Systems Engineer
You will be part of a small team supporting all IT requirements across the business, often working closely with the Delivery and Product teams (developers, QA, analysts) and with a heavy focus on the infrastructure and products hosted in AWS. Further, you will
- Improve AWS Cloud usage & management through Infrastructure as Code (IaC), monitoring & alerting, container management, security uplift
- Improve CI/CD
- Provide expertise in the design of new services in AWS
- Contribute to the management of other infrastructure on-prem, colocation and Azure
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and training to the Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators within the team
- Help drive forward the IT vision
Skills you bring to the team
- You'll demonstrate systems thinking, considering the performance of the entire system, never allowing local optimisation to create global degradation and seeking to improve flow
- You'll amplify feedback loops through monitoring, testing and process improvement to learn and adapt faster
- You're a continuous learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals and adopt experimentation as a means to learn faster
- You're able to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- You're motivated by a fast paced, high pressure environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
- You've got broad experience of the tech stack in use (T-Shaped people to form T-Shaped teams)
Tech Stack you’ll get your hands on
- AWS EC2, ASGs, Aurora (MySql and PostgreSQL), CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Networking, ELB, CloudFront
- APM (NewRelic, AppSignal)
- CI/CD (BuildKite)
- Terraform, Ansible
- Linux, Apache
- Windows Server and Desktop OS. Microsoft Hyper-V and Failover Clustering. IIS. RDS.
- SQL Server administration (FCIs, Availability Groups, Replication)
- Windows PowerShell and PowerShell DSC
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Switches & VPN. Netscaler Load Balancers
- Azure Active Directory, Storage, SQL Database, App Service, Key Vault, Application Gateway, Backup Server, Application Insights, Virtual Machines, AKS, networking
- Office365. Atlassian products
- AzureDevops (Visual Studio Team Services). Jenkins
- Server hardware and storage (IBM/Lenovo)
We don’t expect you to have hands-on experience on every technology. However, every bit helps.
What it means to work on the Xplor rocket
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 5 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- Individual yearly L&D budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Individuals seeking employment at Xplor are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.