Dubber is a successful Aussie technology start-up, founded in 2011 by three friends who wanted to solve how expensive it was to record business conversations and make it easier to retrieve recording data. Fast forward to today, and Dubber is ASX listed, one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies globally, and the world leader in unified call recording and voice AI cloud offerings. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Brisbane, as well as in the UK and USA.
We believe the Dubber journey has just begun, and that this is a great time for you to join us. We’re in an exciting growth phase, and you have an opportunity to help us scale and mature the business, on a foundation of strong values and a clear strategy.
The architecture team at Dubber is a group of architects and principal engineers who specialise in building, running and operating secure, resilient and scalable platforms to capture, store and analyse data streams from a variety of sources. The team is currently embarking on an exciting journey to modernise, simplify and consolidate Dubber’s platform.
The role of Data Architect reports into the Director of Strategy and Architecture, and has a day-to-day reporting line to the Director of Data Engineering.
We’re looking for a Data Architect with experience in cloud based, globally distributed, big data estates. Telephony, voice and AI experience is considered a plus. You’ll be based in Australia and part of a distributed team, designing, modernising and maintaining Dubber’s platforms and tools in a multi-cloud environment across many geographies. If you love solving complex data problems and have a passion for enabling world class products through data, then this might be the role for you.
What’s your impact?
At Dubber, you’ll help shape the future direction of capture for a global SaaS company. You will:
- Designing fit for purpose data solutions that enables our business and delight our customers
- Developing, publishing and maintaining the information architecture – current, interim and target state architecture aligned to execution roadmaps and data strategy.
- Translate high-level business requirements into data models and appropriate metadata
- Leading cloud practices, architecture approach, services, technology, strategy and process. Also assisting in execution of cloud first strategy and in designing cloud hosted solutions
- Define technical direction and roadmap for cloud migrations and managing the implementation and technical solutions. Architect cloud native, hybrid or multi-cloud solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in defining and maintaining data principles, standards, patterns, guidelines, and processes.
- Ensure proposed architecture solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state strategy
- You’re enthusiastic, and like solving problems and being hands on.
- You enjoy communicating and collaborating with others.
- You’re curious, eager to learn, and have a desire to continuously improve your skills.
- You have previous experience in agile software delivery.
- You have deep expertise and experience in data architecture of telephony/voice solutions
- You’ve (ideally) worked in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP or other).
- You’re familiar with highly-automated environments deployed through Infrastructure as Code.
- You know about data governance and security best practices and relevant tooling.
Why should you join Dubber?
Dubber offers a competitive salary and share options for everyone, which drives our ownership culture. We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, which means there are always opportunities to learn, grow, and gain valuable experience.
With offices across the world, our people are part of a global team! Dubber has a hybrid working model so you can work from home and from our offices in Melbourne,, Sydney or Brisbane.
Inclusion is important to us, and we’re committed to an environment in which everyone can thrive, and support each other to pursue our common goal: to unleash the potential in every conversation.
We like to keep things fun, so we run regular team events and celebrations that you can be part of whether you're working remotely or in the office. Check out our website to see why our team love being Dubsters.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in so don't wait to apply! Reach out to [email protected] for a confidential chat or if you have any questions.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.