Fresh is a fast-growing product focused FinTech working exclusively with High Net Worth Individuals, Institutional Investors and Family Offices. We provide access to listed capital raises for these investors. By centralising access to capital raises and working with companies to deliver insights, we ensure that every investor has the same opportunity to participate in the deals they are interested in.
We are looking for full-stack software engineers to join our product team. Fresh is digitising the way investors learn about and participate in capital raises. Our new software engineers will work along side Product Managers, Designers and other engineers to ideate, scope and build features across our offerings.
As a full-stack software engineer you will help us build our core product by helping build, test and learn new features based on your squads mission. You will be learning about a product that spans react native mobile apps, react/nextjs websites and an elixir/phoenix backend. Prior experience with these languages is valuable but not a requirement. You will need to excel at working collaborative within your squad. You will learn a lot about how the capital markets operate and how best to support investors.
The product team is made up of small, multi-disciplinary squads. These squads are focused around solving a specific problem. To achieve this the team builds hypothesis' then build, tests and iterates based on their findings. In these teams, everyone is expected to be a problem-solver first. You will be in an environment that is dedicated to learning and growth. While squads are able to act autonomously, we are an incredibly supportive product team and you will be supported by the organisation at large.
Who we look for
- A background in software developer, a bachelors in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Experience with code in production in Google Cloud or AWS
- An understanding of agile development principles
- A capacity to experiment with new languages, best practices and problems
Within the first month, you'll
- Onboard onto the tech stack, through pair programming with squad mates.
- Participate in the pitch & prioritisation process, where we set our squad goals.
- Push a user-facing feature into production
Within the 3 months, you'll
- Learn how the capital markets work and what we can do to support investors
- Engage in your first support rotation, act as the quarterback for user issues
- Participate in scoping a new feature build
- Learnt how to code in typescript and elixir.
- Been on three team retreats, 12 Monthly Friday Fundays and 1 end of year party.
- Joined one of our tech guilds to learn and improve our best practices.