At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Category Management team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying Academy workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
- Ownership of garment creation and execution throughout the lifecycle of product; From first sample through to shipment samples
- Create Tech pack/ spec sheets for sending to vendors
- Work alongside Buyers to ensure all technical specs are clear and any measurement requests are consistent with the standard measurements.
- Maintain, refine and record Private Label standard measurements, against spec sheets for all styles.
- Measure all samples to ensure they conform to size specifications.
- Analyse style instructions and sampling comments to provide judgements on technical construction and fabrication choice of garments.
- Plan and organize fit meetings alongside other team members.
- Record all fit comments in an efficient manner, relay all comments to the factories in a clear and concise format, ensuring amendments are accurately reflected in future samples or production.
- Define and maintain grading and sizing rules for each garment type.
- Maintain consistency in sewing rules and make standards, and ensure suppliers understand the standards required to produce for the brand.
- Measure all shipment samples ahead of bulk deliveries ensuring our last checkpoint before bulk ships is to standard.
- Analyse styles with high return rates due to fit and garment quality
- Work closely with ethical sourcing team
- Supporting the buying team to source more sustainable fabrications in order to meet the seasonal preferred materials target
Must have previous Childrenswear (Kids and Babies) Garment Technology experience.
- Previous experience with fit comments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards.
- Previous fabric technical knowledge ideal for requesting lab dips and trims.
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers.
- Good working knowledge of Windows XP and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Adaptable, flexible and loves working as both part of a time and on your own initiative.
- At least 3 years experience working with a supplier.
- Good at problem solving.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. This role will be based between our Sydney Pitt Street Hub, South West Sydney Hub and given the opportunity to work from home.