Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. We can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
*This role is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere within Australia, New Zealand or any country within 3 hours of Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10 GMT / AEST), for those with full working rights within the country they reside.
Our Senior Software Engineer role:
We’re thrilled to be looking for a new Senior Software Engineer to focus on Solutions Architect. This role is key in moving us towards a more Service Oriented Architecture, and leveraging serverless technologies, as well as providing the hands on technical experience in developing solutions. This is a senior role, where you'll also work with cross-functional teams, guiding those squads to rally to work on company wide, multi-tenanted and geographically dispersed solutions - no small feat! As you can tell this is a pivotal role in our growth journey, needing a skilled, technically minded, passionate and critical thinking technologist.
True success in this role, is to be able to work with multiple cross-functional technical teams, quickly gaining their confidence and providing your expertise in designing, orchestrating and implementing features and solutions that’ll help us meet our massive growth goals.
Some of the specific responsibilities, you'll:
- Drive platform architecture and its consistent application across functional areas, concerning Front-end and Back-end developments
- Design of common system components; work collaboratively with system developers to build best-practice componentry with focus on performance, stability and security
- Collaborate, coach and mentor Engineering team members, being a trusted consultant for design concerns and set the standards for coding practices
- Continuously review system performance and identification of optimisation opportunities
- Own software performance metrics (response times) and key metrics for ongoing improvement
- Collaborate closely with the Security team to ensure system and data protection is fully compliant with developing needs
- Oversee third-party componentry and integrations in use, monitoring and drive consolidation to a single solution for each purpose
- Build business cases describing costs and benefits for change initiatives
Your experience, skills and qualifications:
- Solid and proven experience across the years in designing complex systems as a Senior Engineer or specialist role including software architecture design and deployment
- Solid understanding and high capabilities of databases, data integration & data query tools
- Strong communication and written skills, particularly around system documentation and descriptions
- Experience working with large teams, collaboration and negotiation skills and ability to describe benefits and be a champion for change
- Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
Nice to have/bonus:
- Degree or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS environment
Some of our benefits:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech + a generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues, + quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop (of course!)
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018