Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are on the look out for a Process Development Engineer to join our NPI Team. If you are interested in a challenge, to take a new product and help take it to mass manufacturing; to work in a fast-paced company, to have a direct impact on the product and manufacturing processes, then this could be the job for you!
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining assembly and test manufacturing processes to enable automotive volume production of Baraja’s products and sub-assemblies. You will be reporting into the NPI Manager in our growing NPI / Advanced Manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and re-engineering of existing assembly and test processes with a view for volume production and process automation
- Develop process and rig modifications to implement new products to meet specific production and volume requirements
- Develop and upgrade process capability, equipment capacity and process cycle times for yield improvement, safety, quality, cost and productivity
- Provide process documentation and work instructions including technical support to Pilot Manufacturing and External Contract Manufacturing
- Provide training and guidelines to operators and technicians, demonstrating and promoting safe work practices and methodologies
- Develop new assembly processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in Physics/Engineering.
- Experience in assembly volume manufacturing of discrete and electro-optical devices
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Six Sigma trained, Green Belt certification
- Able to work across all levels and functions of the organization
- Statistical analysis to establish process stability and capability; and
- Good verbal, written and computer literacy skills.
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working with external contract manufacturers
- Experience working in a fast-paced high tech company
- Experience in Automotive industry
- Experience with LiDAR
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work towards our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nanny Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019