About the role
The Group Publisher role is integral to our mission of helping people make better decisions with their money. In this role, you will be responsible for scaling the growth of the Money vertical at Finder, which is made up of credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, savings and super. You will lead a team of publishers, writers, editors and producers to generate high-quality non-paid traffic that converts users and makes them loyal to Finder. If you love creating and executing on a content strategy, managing high-performing teams and working with multiple stakeholders including paid marketing, client services, product, PR and data teams to drive results, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
The Group Publisher for Money will have a wide range of skills in the areas of content improvement, content ideas generation, editing, writing, content management, SEO, monetisation, internet marketing, and editorial team leadership. Your work will differ from day to day but your main responsibilities include:
- Organic traffic growth - using best-practice SEO strategies to look for new content opportunities and optimise existing content
- Conversion rate optimisation - Understand the end user and create frequent, meaningful split tests/multivariate tests to determine the best copy, content layouts and configuration to achieve higher redirects and revenue.
- Revenue growth - Work with cross-functional teams to drive additional revenue to our partners
- Content strategy, creation and management - Working with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and editorial team to drive the right editorial tone and provide relevant, helpful, SEO- and conversion-optimised content at every stage of the marketing funnel. You also need to be comfortable writing your own content, updating and amending existing content, driving new ideas and creating the benchmark for editorial quality.
- Overseeing product data compliance - Ensuring that the most appropriate schema, data feeds and data management processes are in place to ensure accuracy of product data at all times.
- Continuous testing and improvement - Never settling for second best and consistently testing to make sure we’re driving the best outcomes for our users and partners
- Analysis and reporting on performance - Own and be on top of the numbers, including data from Google Analytics, Search Console, Datastudio, internal attribution reports and third-party tools
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams - Have excellent working relationships across all Finder functions
- Recruitment, training and team management - Attract “A” players, motivate and develop them to ensure that your crew is trained in best-practice SEO, CRO, UX, website design, page layout, merching and tracking and that these best practices are consistently rolled out across all niches.
Essential Requirements of the Role:
A Group Publisher will have a wide range of skills that combine both industry knowledge with extensive experience in managing both people and large volumes of content. Key experience required includes:
- 5+ years of experience in SEO, CRO, internet marketing and content management
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing on a content strategy for non-paid/organic channels
- A holistic understanding of content marketing channels and how they can be leveraged
- Experience working with internal stakeholders such as project managers, developers, PR and sales
- The ability to analyse and use data to guide business decisions
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial “CEO” mindset to drive scale
- An understanding of of both performance-based and experimental approaches to content, and the ability to test and learn
- A proactive, “get it done” attitude with the ability to go live quickly and frequently
- A desire to continuously learn and improve your skills. This will also be facilitated through company-funded training
- The ability to take responsibility and ownership for your own actions
- A degree in Marketing or similar
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Applications .
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.