A little bit about us
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us during a period of immense growth. You’ll be joining a high performing creative team responsible for concepting and crafting campaigns that communicate Spriggy's purpose, drive awareness, win people over and make Spriggy famous. You will take ownership of our verbal identity, bringing our Voice & Tone principles to life in a consistent way across all channels, and will be a key collaborator not only for your Creative and Growth teammates, but also across our business.
Embrace the constant feedback loop as we take things to market, put your name next to it and make it awesome. We build incredible products for families and kids, so let’s have some fun with it as we scale from 500,000 members in Australia to millions of members across the globe.
Examples of problems you’ll need to solve with the team include:
- How do we build character into our brand as we scale? We’d rather fail by being bold than forgettable.
- How do we scale our performance marketing with engaging creative in a cost-effective manner?
- How do we best communicate what we’re doing at Spriggy as we continue to launch new products and scale our business to new and existing customers?
- How do we make our brand experience relevant as kids age? A 6-year old is very different to a 16-year old and Spriggy serves both.
- How do we develop assets and practices to ensure verbal excellence across the team?
We’ll be honest, this isn’t going to be easy, but it's going to be incredibly rewarding. We’ve got a lot to do and we need someone who is skilled enough to take the lead on solving these questions as we look to scale our loved products into the millions of members and become Australia’s next unicorn.
What will your first few months look like?
- Work in partnership with the CD to own, develop creative solutions for and deliver on project briefs.
- Concept, lead and execute on projects outside of set briefs, where you see an opportunity to add value to Spriggy’s creative.
- Develop shoot-for-the-stars ideas with the Creative team
- Concept, storyboard and script on brand and best practice campaigns for FB, YouTube and TV ads.
- Experiment with messaging in new channels
- Become the brand voice custodian, ensuring consistency, strong brand voice and integrity across all creative.
- Ensure the Voice & Tone guidelines are followed across all Spriggy copy and content;
- Maintain and update the Voice & Tone guidelines.
Let's talk about you...
You're a seasoned writer: you know how to write high-performing messaging and storytelling that converts, delights and engages across the funnel and across all channels. You've had loads of experience writing everything from emails, to billboards, to TVCs, to live-reads, to organic social and everything in between. You know the rules for best practice writing across all mediums...and you know when to break them. You follow the trends and have a knack for knowing which ones will stick for years to come.
You're an idea machine: yes, you're a writer, but you're not just focused on the words. You're always thinking about the big picture. You can think of large scale, campaignable ideas, as well as the easy wins. We're looking for the ideas that make us famous and increase our impact. You should be good (no, great) at presenting these ideas and thinking about how they can come to life beyond the words.
You're driven by insights and analytics as well as the ideas: Your approach balances bottom-line thinking, based in analytics and insights with creative exploration to ensure the work breaks new ground while achieving business objectives.
You wear other people's shoes: you're really good at seeing other people's perspectives. You can imagine yourself as our customer and decide which copy would be more effective in each stage of their journey. You know the right questions to ask to make sure your copy is crystal clear. For us to communicate effectively with our Aussie families, you need to become an expert in them.
You love a feedback loop. The difference between this and agency, is you’re going to have a very clear, sometimes painful feedback loop. You test, measure and learn along the way.
Why join Spriggy?
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorn alongside an exceptional team
- The opportunity to shape the future of money for young Australians.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity
- A dedicated work from home set up and annual training budget
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy marketing and creative strategy
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.