Seer Medical is a Melbourne-based med-tech company with an ambitious agenda to challenge the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to empower patients and their doctors by creating new care pathways that are entirely free from the inefficiencies of bricks and mortar institutions. Building on our expertise in epilepsy, we are creating end-to-end systems that give people control over their health and put them on a path to better medical outcomes.
With a strong team, Seer Medical will be the global technology leader in home monitoring across neurological, sleep, and cardiac conditions by 2026.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to support our Finance Team with the preparation of our fortnightly payroll. This role will report to the management accountant/CFO.
A successful Payroll Officer combines broad knowledge of all payroll functions and attention to detail. The ideal candidate also has the ability to communicate with team members in all areas of the business and at all levels.
Responsibilities include preparation and completion of fortnightly payroll, maintaining payroll records, completing payroll related compliance procedures such as payroll tax, STP, super and workers compensation. The role will also support the Finance Team with additional admin duties as required.
- Administering the payroll process end to end
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, allowances, leave, and non-taxable wages.
- Reporting on wages to the Exec team.
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, superannuation and workers compensation
- Liaising with team members in resolving payroll discrepancies
- Preparing payroll banking payments including wages, superannuation, PAYG and workers compensation
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Strong experience in Payroll functions with a minimum of 3 years experience in payroll preparation
- Demonstrated knowledge of all payroll compliance areas such as Workers Compensation, Superannuation, PAYG, and single touch payroll
- Great attention to detail, a solid grasp of mathematics, alongside excellent organisational and communication skills.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion is required as you will have access to sensitive personal and commercial information.
- Assist the quarterly and annual budgeting process including regular forecast updates for cash flow and wage expense
- Identify organisational risks and opportunities for process improvement
- Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives
- Proactively identify new initiatives that could benefit the organisation
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of risk analysis
- Experience using Xero, Bamboo HR, Deputy and Upsheets would be advantageous
What We Offer
- Joining a dynamic company at a time of major growth and international expansion
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Working in an inclusive environment that promotes diversity
- A competitive salary