This FP&A Analyst role will play an integral role within the Financial Planning and Analysis function in Whispir and contribute to the company's continued growth.
The role calls for timely monthly financial reporting, analysis, and performance insights with major stakeholders using excellent presentation skills. This includes reporting against existing metrics along with identifying new metrics that provide further insight to existing and future operational and financial trends.
The successful candidate will be an integral business partner to the Executive Leadership Team and the Division Heads, providing them with financial consulting and strategic support.
You'll be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, the timely provision of performance insights, including monthly Software as a Service (SaaS) metrics, and presentations to the executive and Board.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' data-driven business decision making. This data driven process represents a “live” environment where your previous experience drives the continued development of insight dashboards for stakeholders.
The position requires a high degree of commercial acumen and a friendly collaborative working style. You should have the ability to engage and influence individuals within the business using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role is results-driven, operating in a dynamic environment to tight deadlines and reports to the Group Head of FP&A.
- Business partnering to the broader business, including the Executive Leadership Team and Division Heads in a collaborative environment.
- Produce Monthly Financial and Board reports to a high presentation standard.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators, including revenue, cost of sales, operating and capital expenditures.
- Develop and adapt existing financial models and analyse results to support strategic initiatives and decision making at the executive and board level.
- Ownership of Business Intelligence tools including maintence and development of dashboard reporting. The outcome being data driven insights and reporting for the entire business, providing key insights.
- Monitor performance indicators, SaaS Metrics, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances. Maintaining currency on SaaS metrics and how Whispir applies these to its business
- Assist with industry and peer group analysis and responding to ad hoc Investment Analyst queries on business performance.
- Ad hoc project work as requested by senior management.
- Work closely with the other finance team members to ensure timely delivery of financial information, ability to work remotely across time zones and different locations utilising technology to achieve goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Professional Finance Qualification (CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA).
- 5+ years' experience within Financial Planning and Analysis / Business Partnering / Data & Analytics / Management Accounting function, ideally in an ASX environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modelling, efficient data manipulation essential along with the ability to present data in various formats.
- Advanced PowerPoint and presentation skills essential.
- Minimum Intermediate Tableau experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge/Experience of Anaplan / SalesForce / Financial Force highly desirable.
- SaaS company experience desirable but not essential.
- An extremely high level of attention to detail and highly organised.
- Familiar with fast-paced, dynamic environments and the ability to adapt quickly.
- Experience in multi-geography and complex product environments.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, driven and self-motivated to continually learn new skills.
- Self-motivated and an eagerness to work hands-on with team members.