Airtasker is Australia’s no. 1 marketplace for local services. We’re reimagining the future of work by empowering people to realise the full value of their skills. Creating jobs isn’t just a by-product of the work we do, it’s our core purpose. One of our most important values at Airtasker is that people matter and that every single person has unique skills. We are a global marketplace, creating jobs and helping people all around the world get more done. With more than $1 billion of job opportunities created through our marketplace and following a recent ASX listing, we’re making huge strides and we need your help to accelerate us on our mission!
We’re looking for a Technical Lead Manager to join our Marketplace Liquidity team.
The Marketplace Liquidity team ensures that the supply of Taskers meets the demand from Poster on the Airtasker platform. The goal is to maintain a healthy Assignment Rate and our Gross Market Value continues to grow as we expand into Singapore, New Zealand, UK and the United States.
This role is a blend of hands-on development and operational ownership. You will manage a small team of 3 software engineers, whilst overseeing a programme of work in conjunction with your team’s OKRs.
What you'll do:
Meeting goals - by ensuring your team’s work delivers customer value and remains aligned with Airtasker’s business objectives.
Team context sharing and communication - by ensuring your team understands the purpose and requirements of the work you assign them, whilst simultaneously advocating your team’s contribution to stakeholders.
Technical leadership and ownership - by partnering with your cross functional peers in design, data and product management. Being
responsible for the quality of engineering work delivered by your team. Whilst owning the operational excellence and health of team systems
Hiring and developing the best - be well calibrated on what a strong future team member looks like, and are actively involved in the hiring process to ensure we’re able to continually raise the bar of engineering talent on their team. Whilst continually investing in the growth and performance management of your existing team members
What it takes to be successful in the role:
* Take pleasure in leading people, empowering them to do great work and grow their capabilities.
* Closely collaborate with Product, Data and Design leaders in your tribe and across the business.
* An agnostic, hands on approach to software engineering with a serious passion for teaching your team new and emerging technologies.
* Being firmly grounded in computer science and engineering fundamentals
Other problems Airtasker is currently solving:
* Advancing the security of our platform with a more mature authentication system
* Improving our communications with our users with better, more intelligent, systems
* Creating the infrastructure and architecture patterns to support our growth us well into the future
* Expanding our platform to the United States after recent acquisition of Zaarly
* Creating a new Tasker Listings service to allow taskers to inspire others in what can be done on the platform
* Improving our incentive systems to support better behaviour and encourage taskers to earn more money on the platform
What you'll love:
* Business performance cash bonus structure
* Visa, PR sponsorship and relocation support
* Learning and development budget to support your personal learning and development
* A culture of flexibility - working fully remote from any Australian location or from our Sydney CBD office.
* Relax, recharge, unplug - our Friday ‘Ask Me Anything’ session’s are legendary and we have regular company-wide social events
* Dog friendly office - say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Nico!