Koala’s mission is to deliver better furniture, by Australia, for the World. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Due to current and projected growth, Koala is looking to boost our fast-paced Finance function. We are looking for an FP&A Lead reporting into the Director, FP&A to play a central role in group-wide forecasting and reporting and provide commercial support and advice to the Finance team and Marketing, Strategy & Operations functions.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Lead and coordinate the forecasting process for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for Koala Group and individual markets such as Australia, Japan & Korea
- Identification of risks and opportunities to budget and forecast
- Lead internal and external reporting to investors, executive leadership team and senior leaders across the business
- Develop analytical models and KPIs to measure overall financial performance
- Interpret data, analyse business trends, performance and provide insightful analysis to drive effective decision-making and support the leaders of the business to deliver the annual budget
- Continuously improve and enhance forecasting models and methodology to drive forecast accuracy
- Support cross-functional project teams to evaluate new business initiatives, which are constantly arising
- Ability to articulate complex ideas to a wide, non-technical audience
- Ad hoc general financial planning analysis
- Experience working in a high-growth, VUCA environment with a strong understanding of accounting principals
- CA/CPA qualified or qualification underway
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with strong modelling experience
- Advanced excel or sheets user
- Ability to interpret financial statements, P&L and cash drivers
- Highly analytical, with an ability to work with multiple data sources
- Passionate about the details and focused on data accuracy
- Strong grasp of all areas of the retail value chain and ability to effectively translate this to our P&L and cash flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, be adaptive and thrive in a constantly evolving environment
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
Koalities we look for…
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Act with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything you do
- Bring good vibes to the people around you
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Think forward, reflect back
- Confident and ambitious, but never arrogant
- Live the values of Koala
- Ride through change like a boss
- Challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.