Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 4,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp everyday.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
At Culture Amp we’re rapidly growing our data science capabilities. As a Data Scientist you’ll work in a team alongside People Scientists, Machine Learners, Product Managers and Product Analysts to unify the best insights and knowledge together to create products that transform the world of work. Data scientists work across the product development pipeline from initial inception of an idea, motivating and proving its worth and delivering and maintaining the solution in product.
We are ever growing and our domain merges together
- Panel data analysis of many different kinds of surveys and survey frames spanning the full employee cycle from onboarding through to exit tracking concepts such as employee engagement, effectiveness and performance, equity and inclusivity, growth and development.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) across multiple languages and in multiple contexts. Topic and sentiment analysis, clustering and LDA analysis, elasticsearch, transformer architectures (BERT, RoBERTa), transfer and active learning are all things we’re exploring.
- Employee demographic and account metadata to define segments and cohorts of interest across our entire customer base and within a single account.
- Longitudinal data analysis tracking trends over time and correlating these with meaningful outcomes such as product usage, impact of action or external measure such as attrition, perceptions of diversity or share price.
- Product and science derived ontologies allowing our platform to unify concepts and recommend meaningful courses of action.
As a valued members of the research team, you will:
- Work closely with a diverse group of experts to define the next best problems for Culture Amp to solve.
- Create and iterate on prototype data products to prove the viability and ultimately deploy to our production platform.
- Perform exploratory analysis, uncovering useful insights about the employee culture and workplace challenges and successes
- Develop maintainable pipelines delivering reproducible models and insights on demand.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for analysis in an accurate, timely and professional manner
You have (technical skills)
- Medium to advanced SQL for descriptive analytics, preferably with a big data system like Athena, Presto Redshift, SparkSQL, or BigQuery
- Good knowledge in the python data science space - pandas, numpy, sklearn, scipy etc.
- Strong understanding of statistical and machine learning models. Good knowledge of experimental design, statistical testing and model validation.
- Experience in R is desirable.
- Understanding of data modelling and exposure to tools like metaflow or airflow is desirable.
- Understanding of common software practices like version control, continuous deployment, and automated testing.
You are (human skills)
- An analytical thinker, thinking critically about the status quo, asking the right questions, and backing up assertions with logic and data
- Able to make the complex simple, to persuasively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Interested in developing the skills of the people you work with; coaching and sharing your analytics knowledge with the business
- Passionate about making data products and making insights and models real and actionable.
- Someone who shares our passion for making a better world of work.
Our teams are remote-friendly, and embrace flexible working arrangements.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism at here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!