About the company
Lawpath is Australia’s largest online legal platform for small businesses, disrupting a $100B industry and shaping the future of legal services.
Lawpath was recently awarded #37 in Deloitte's 50 fastest growing businesses in Australia, #301 fastest growing businesses in Asia as well as Australian Legal Service Provider of the year. Lawpath has regularly been listed as one of Australia’s fastest growing startups to watch. We use technology to make legals faster, simpler and more cost-effective. We’ve helped over 200,000 businesses save in excess of $100m in legal fees!
About the role
Are you a lawyer looking to move into legal tech? Then this is the role for you! With an established user base of 200,000+ we’re ready to expand our legal product team. This is a dynamic position and you will have the opportunity to use and develop your legal and product skills. This role would suit a lawyer or someone with legal experience looking to move into a product role. You will be responsible for our legal products including our legal precedents, legal workflows and and the development of new legal products. This role would suit a legal professional or precedent manager looking to move into a legaltech or product focused role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and sourcing new legal documents
- Maintaining and curating our 400+ legal document library
- Updating precedents based on new laws and legislation
- Building legal workflows (automating legal processes)
- Be the domain expert of our legal product so that sales / customer service and wider team can rely on you for product questions / support
- Drafting product summaries, copy, updates and training sales and customer care teams on new products released
- Working closely with out tech team to design and develop legal products
- Testing and improving current legal software provided by Lawpath.
- Working closely with product and design teams to improve core usage and conversion metrics
- Data driven analysis, reporting and decision making
- Expected to be fast moving, make decisions, take risks, fail and iterate in order to succeed.
To be successful, you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in law, document drafting and/or legal research
- Product management skills or a desire to move into a product management role
- Strong problem solving skills and commercial acumen
- Practical knowledge in document drafting and legal processes
- A superior eye for detail and the ability to take responsibility for your contributions
- A proactive mindset and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas to the product and tech team and wider company
- A willingness to learn and expand your skill set to tackle new challenges
- A knowledge of AGILE methodology
- To be data driven, analytical and resourceful
What we’ll provide:
- An ever-growing business where culture is fuelled by success
- Competitive remuneration package & Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Annual budget for conferences and learning opportunities
- Friday drinks and team building days
- Quarterly team celebrations
- Funky office in Surry Hills close to Bars, Cafes and Transport
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and sociable company in an exciting new industry. Please apply with your CV. You need to have full legal working rights to work in Australia to be considered for this position.