Job opportunity with UTS Startups: Support Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a casual Support Officer to join the UTS Startups team in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit.
About UTS Startups
UTS Startups is the home of entrepreneurship at UTS. Our vision is to be the leading university in the creation of student-launched startups.
We inspire and support tech-enabled entrepreneurship at scale, and we have the largest and fastest-growing community of student-launched startups.
About the role
The Support Officer works closely with the Operations Manager and Community Manager and has a key supporting role in the management of the UTS Startups spaces and the users of those spaces.
The key responsibilities of the Support Officer include coordination of the UTS Startups spaces across three buildings, engaging with and supporting people using the spaces, and supporting the successful delivery of high-quality events, activations and activities.
This position is casual with flexible hours available up to 35 hours per week. Some evening work may be required.
This role attracts an hourly rate of $34.59 - $45.20 depending on experience.
Responsibilities for supporting the management of UTS Startups Spaces, include:
- Supporting the management and supervision of all UTS Startups spaces across CB15, CB16 and CB42.
- Ensuring all UTS Startups spaces are tidy and functionally equipped to deliver high-quality events, activations and activities, and suitable work spaces for startups.
- Assisting in the creation, coordination, set up and pack down of highly engaging events and activations for members and the general public. This may include after hours work, as required.
- Coordinating the provision of access cards, desks allocation and other space-related processes.
- Assisting in the coordination of event space bookings.
- Assisting the UTS Startups team with ad hoc operational support.
Responsibilities for supporting people using UTS Startups Spaces, include:
- Supporting the onboarding of new members and monitoring space users.
- Handling enquiries about spaces, programs and opportunities available to students, staff, general public, community members and other stakeholders.
- Assisting the Community Coordinator with the development and delivery of community- building activities
- Collecting and sharing relevant ecosystem events and opportunities in the UTS Startups calendar and other channels, as needed.
- Supporting the promotion of events and activities via social media and other channels, as needed.
- Handling and distributing incoming mail to community members.
Key Selection Criteria
The position requires a person with excellent communication, organisation and people skills in order to efficiently and effectively engage with a wide range of students, staff, public and internal and external partners. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate resilience, the ability to adapt quickly, and to be self-directed.
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including cultivating and maintaining productive relationships, and hosting activities.
- High level of attention to detail, organisational and time management skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated, with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a small team.
- A get-stuff-done approach, with an aptitude for finding opportunities for leverage.
- Enthusiasm for the opportunity presented by startups, and the ability to convey this enthusiasm to others and maintain a generally positive aspect, in what can sometimes be a challenging environment.
- Ability to manage complex relationships and successfully collaborate with others to achieve strategic or project outcomes.
Experience & Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with event coordination, and administration.
- Demonstrated experience with customer service and/or supporting large groups or communities.
- Experience supporting space management and space bookings will be highly regarded.
- Experience working with startups, especially in communities or support programs will be highly regarded.
- Some familiarity and interest in local, national and international startup/ tech/ creative industries is desirable.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] with your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria.
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021 at 11:59pm (AEDT) but please note, a suitable applicant may be interviewed and hired prior to this date.