Section is looking for deeply technical engineers that are capable of supporting and developing solutions for our customer base which ranges in technical abilities. Our customers run a wide variety of workload ranging from typical CDN functionality to application specific functions like web application firewalls and image optimization. You’ll be interacting with our customer base directly (primarily developers and engineers), understanding their needs, and providing technical solutions to their deployments on Section.
You’ll be working in a small, strong cross-functional and cross-timezone team. Your contributions will include helping engineers get the most out of the Section platform, solving their technical issues as they arise and working to design solutions aimed at addressing their edge compute related challenges.
- Your work will be impactful. Our category is very early stage and the upside potential is dramatic both at Section and in the edge computing sector.
- Section is all about engineering. Founded by and filled with talented engineers.
- Cutting edge languages, tools and frameworks. Lots of early technology adoption.
- Lots of workplace flexibility. Work from home. Work from our offices in Boulder, Denver, or Sydney.
- Great employee benefits. Equity options and competitive compensation. Unlimited vacation days.
- Section is very employee-centric. Last year’s company retreat held in Hawaii.
- We are an international company and you’ll have the opportunity to travel to and from Australia and the USA.
- In a consultative fashion with our users, support, architect, build, deploy and operate solutions that deliver customer value.
- Document operational processes and procedures related to customer solutions.
- Mentor peers and consult with both internal and external customers on edge computing technologies.
- Participate in production support and on-call duties.
- 3+ years general systems engineering experience - you will have demonstrated an ability to build systems from the ground up.
- Strong experience in current web development technologies and practices.
- Solid foundations in Internet infrastructure, such as TCP/IP, especially DNS and HTTP.
- Solid understanding of web development and browser optimization, such as React, Vue.js.
- Experience architecting solutions for web performance and security.
- Experience writing technical documents for developers and IT executives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- CDN configuration and debugging skills
- APM suites like New Relic
- Experience using the ELK stack
- IOT, ML, Server Side Rendering skills
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for low latency, high throughput systems
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!