Are you an experienced Software Engineer? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
Starting date for this role would be ASAP.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and document scalable and maintainable software solutions
- Provide technical leadership, direction and support to team members
- Understand requirements and specifications of large scale software projects
- Actively participate in code reviews and pull requests
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to deliver robust solutions to technical problems
- May require travel as the situation permits.
Required skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Python (3+ years work experience) (scripting + OOP)
- Cloud infrastructure and integration experience (AWS, Lambda, RDS, REST)
- Database design, development and maintenance experience
- Understand TDD and its practical application
- Understand general software development flow and process
- Understand the OSI model and have experience with ethernet routing, forwarding and bridging
- Understand the Linux development environment and shell scripting
- Understand Wi-Fi networking and theory of operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with ability to articulate design decisions/progress
- Must be comfortable with interacting with customers in person and via conference calls
Additional Prefered Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Embedded C
- Understand hardware concepts such as GPIO, SPI, SDIO, I2C
- Front End knowledge/experience (eg React, Angular)
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Senior Software Engineer.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.