To build a bank with our customers, designed in their interests, that helps them make better money decisions without the angst. All delivered through a brilliant mobile experience.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
As a cracking Fraud Analyst, you’re responsible for helping to protect our customers as we continue to scale at pace. The Fraud Analyst reports into the Head of Operations and plays a key role in protecting our customers from the bad guys.
You are also responsible for ensuring Xinja’s operations function remains compliant and maintains the highest standards of ethical banking and lending practices. We have zero tolerance for deliberate compliance or ethical breaches.
Every person at Xinja is a guardian of the Xinja culture. You should know the 10 Golden Rules inside out, demonstrate them everyday and consider yourself a key person in making sure they are lived and breathed at Xinja.
The Fraud Analyst is also responsible for:
- Transaction monitoring
- Investigating any alerts (including customer interactions)
- Liaising with industry partners (Card Scheme, AusPayNet, other banks)
- Applying your knowledge of regulatory and scheme obligations to optimise our fraud operations
You also work closely with all other areas of Xinja and with Xinja’s partners to ensure that we keep our customers safe.
Planning and execution are at the core of Xinja, so we are looking for someone who is able to start running from day one. You need to:
- willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- be able to deal with ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- open-minded and willing to learn
- be a key contributor to the Xinja team.
- Setup and manage transaction monitoring, including creating and refining rules
- Investigate any alerts (including customer interactions) to determine whether the case is genuine
- Liaise with industry partners (Card Scheme, AusPayNet, other banks)
- Apply your knowledge of regulatory and scheme obligations, and use that knowledge to optimise our fraud operations
- Work with your fellow Xinjas and our partners to deliver core business requirements and ensure the Fraud Operations team grows along with our business
- Bring innovative ideas (technology, processes, partnerships from the wider Fintech industry) to deliver a better product/experience for our customers.
- Be an active contributor to the successful performance and achievement of outcomes for the team
- Monitor risks in your role, and escalating and reporting incidents and breaches to the Risk & Compliance team, the CEO and the Board as applicable
In the event of a stress event, execute operational procedures as directed within the agreed timeframes
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years prior experience working in a financial crimes / payment fraud monitoring role
- Experience with lending products is a bonus
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with people across all areas of Xinja and with key external stakeholders (other banks, schemes and regulatory bodies)
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Ability to create and maintain positive business relationships
- Knowledge of Xinja’s business products and Xinja’s value proposition
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work in a small company environment
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with peers from different business functions
You will also:
- Have an interest in banking, finance and fintech
- Have a customer centric mindset and will act with their interests
- Be excited to build a new bank designed for customers
- Be passionate, have drive and be willing to roll your sleeves up
- Be a quick learner and self-starter, and can thrive in ambiguity
- Be a great problem-solver and prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here