PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business. Our mission is to build scalable, amazing digital ad formats that ensure ad attention.
We're a young, fast growing business with every major agency group and the world's best publishers using our technology. We have a small but strong team of experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
We've recently developed a totally new way of measuring ad attention through an incredibly exciting, world's first eye tracking solution. This is getting huge traction with agencies & brands globally and will lead the future of our business. Our ad formats are now being used in APAC, EMEA and The US by top 100 brands like Coca-Cola, KFC, Mercedes, Pepsi, Roadshow, Spotify, GoPro, McDonald’s, Nike and many more.
We've won numerous industry awards and featured in Deloitte's Fast 50 Technology Companies as a Rising Star two years running.
We're a passionate, enthusiastic team who like to work hard and play hard. We are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most - creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands and publishers.
See here for more about us here.
About the job
To support our next phase of growth we’re looking for a superstar product manager to join the crew. You’ll be joining our Platform Team and taking ownership of the end-to-end product lifecycle for a number of internal and external facing systems. We’ve got lofty goals as a business and one of your key challenges will be ensuring your products are positioned to scale as our business continues to grow
You’ll be leading a fully stacked team of incredibly talented engineers and designers who are hungry to solve problems and bring incredible products to life. Collaboration and communication will be absolutely key in this role, as will being comfortable with setting big goals and making them happen!
What you’ll be doing:
- Being the voice of the customer and owning their experience with your product.
- Working closely with the founders, your stakeholders and your team to help chart a strategic course for your product.
- Becoming the 'go to' domain expert in your space through developing a deep understanding of the landscape within which you operate.
- Managing delivery cycles and ensuring the team is engaged, empowered and all moving to the same beat.
- Coordinating product rollouts across the business and ensuring that everyone stays on the same page through good communication and change management.
- Owning the backlog and ensuring the team’s priorities reflect the outcomes needed to drive our business into the future.
- Leading the definition process and running agile ceremonies.
- Solving complicated technical, design and process problems.
- Taking an active role in the QA process, ensuring that only top quality features get shipped.
- Bringing your own thinking to the role and continuously looking for ways we can improve.
Who you are:
- You’ve got an exceptional track record of using technology to create amazing products - we’ll be wanting to see examples of these!
- 2+ years experience in product management and using agile software development practices.
- An a-class communicator with a deep bag of tricks for conveying complex concepts and thinking.
- An expert problem solver who loves navigating through uncertainty to discover smart and innovative solutions.
- Strong in product delivery and able to balance speed and quality.
- You LOVE data - especially when it helps guide your decision making process. Additionally, you understand how to best use it to test ideas and to validate hypotheses.
- Technically savvy, with a good grasp of software architecture and a genuine passion for technology.
- You put a focus on building strong working relationships with all of your stakeholders whether they’re technical or business.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in UX and design.
- Experience working in digital media, advertising technology or managing internal facing products.
- Experience using the OKR framework.
- Knowledge or experience in incident management or support processes.
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its 'scale up' phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too!
- A progressive work from home policy.
- A competitive salary package.
- Role: Product Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Other: Must have the right to work in Australia
Send a CV to [email protected] with a brief introduction describing why you think this is the right role for you.