About the product and customer marketing function:
Product and customer marketing is a global function focused on driving product adoption and utilisation, growing customer lifetime value and loyalty, and attracting new customers through customer advocacy. As a global centre of excellence, the team also plays a key role in supporting regional marketers with best practice playbooks they can localise for in-country specific campaigns.
Our collective team remit spans product marketing, customer marketing, referral marketing and community. We’re united by a shared team purpose to drive advocacy so customers stay sticky for the long-haul and recommend us to others to help Practice Ignition grow.
We’re at our happiest when we’re growing payments and expansion revenue, increasing NPS and our customer health score, building a highly engaged community of advocates, and driving new customers to sign up to Practice Ignition through customer referrals.
About the role:
The product marketing manager is a global role focused on driving product adoption and utilisation of the Practice Ignition proposal and payments platform to help unlock new customer growth as well as payments revenue.
This role will be based out of Sydney, Australia but will be a key member of the global marketing team and also work collaboratively with regional teams across our Canadian, US, and UK offices.
As our dedicated global product marketer supporting all key markets, you’ll partner closely with our product team to help drive our product’s success. Practice Ignition is truly category defining in the professional services industry, so you’ll get to help shape how we position the platform as it evolves - initially in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, and beyond.
You’ll help champion the voice of our customers in product development and marketing, define our product positioning and messaging, lead GTM strategy for new products, features and industry verticals, and ensure that we’re helping customers get the most value out of Practice Ignition. You’re the glue that helps bring marketing, CX, sales and product together to drive commercial success for strategic product initiatives.
You’ll also be a key enabler of sales and marketing success by equipping teams with the customer & competitor insights, messaging and playbooks they need to help drive take up of the Practice Ignition platform with our target customer personas in key markets.
- Market and competitor insights: Track and surface key market, customer and competitor insights to help identify problems that need solving and compelling value propositions
- Voice of customer: Intimately understand our customers and target personas by conducting customer research and analysis, optimising our VoC strategy and programs such as NPS, and championing the voice of customer in product, sales and marketing
- Product positioning & messaging: Define our product positioning and messaging to make the complex simple, continually testing and validating to ensure it resonates with our target audience; you’ll also influence product packaging and pricing decisions to help unlock growth
- Product GTM: Lead global cross-functional go-to-market strategy and planning to ensure that new product releases and vertical industry expansion land successfully to drive both acquisition and retention. You’ll be the ‘conductor of the orchestra’ for strategic and major product initiatives, from helping enable sales to sell the product, marketing to promote the product and CX to onboard and support customers
- Sales enablement: Keep one ear to the ground with our regional sales teams to understand why prospects don’t convert, and equip them with sales cheat sheets or battlecards to best position and sell our platform
- Product adoption: Drive continual product awareness, education and adoption among our customers, working closely with the global customer marketing manager and marketing automation manager on targeted email and in-app campaigns
What you’ll need
- Approx. five years product marketing experience in a B2B SaaS or established tech company - you know what it takes to bring new products or features to market to drive new customer growth and engage existing customers
- Experience working in the accounting or professional services software industry is preferred, but not essential
- Proficiency in using marketing tech, ideally Intercom, Hubspot and Asana
- Growth mindset - you love a good challenge and are a builder at heart. You proactively look at ways we can improve or do things differently
- Customer empathy - you love to walk in our customers’ shoes and your approach is informed by a deep understanding of their needs and pain points
- Storyteller - you know how to distill the complex into the simple and write compelling messaging for a variety of audiences
- Stakeholder management - you’re a maestro when it comes to working collaboratively with sales, marketing, customer experience and product teams to rally people around key GTM initiatives
- Data-driven - you’re as comfortable diving into a spreadsheet or report to dig into what the data is telling you as you are trawling through qualitative customer feedback to identify nuggets of gold