The DevOps Engineer at Athena is part of a team with a well-defined mission and ships high quality code and solutions to boosting the efficiency of all product squads in the company.
- Design and implement software solutions.
- Build services, libraries and tooling to support engineering teams ship code efficiently and safely.
- Configure, maintain and operate Athena’s cloud infrastructure.
- Automate repeatable or manual tasks.
- Review and collaborate with others on internal and cross-team technical proposals.
- Continuously increase efficiency and quality of the team through tooling and experimentation.
- Collaborate with everyone in an open and constructive way.
- Support technical squads in achieving
- Operate the products and services offered by the team.
- You are a skilful engineer with high standards, passion for quality and a few of years of experience under your belt.
- You are proficient with native AWS CloudFormation or supporting tools: Terraform, CDK, etc.
- You know your way around Linux and can comfortably automate tasks with shell scripts.
- You have experience with micro-services, building and running.
- You can troubleshoot issues in production, help determine root causes and propose the most appropriate
- solution for the situation. Even if under pressure.
- You can collaborate with software engineers, product owners and other IT staff members in order to
- understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced DevOps environment.
- You are a problem-solver and embrace the can-do.
- You are a team player.
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are keen to learn and get comfortable with new technologies and programming languages.
- You can’t stand the sight of broken things; you go and fix them!
- You preferably have BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
What a successful candidate looks like
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
- Proven experience with AWS services and governance.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Capacity to think holistically and see the bigger picture.
- Solid writing and communication skills.
- Be great, be you, play nice.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from home
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.